Cleveland Blue Raiders Head Coaching Vacancy

Booger

9 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

I can certainly understand why he left Blackman then.  My question now is this.   What has he done as a head coach to warrant the salary?  No rings, not even a region championship.   Sure he brings lots of excitement and a air raid up tempo offense but until he actually wins something then he hasn't won anything. 

Booger bettin theyrs a decision maker or couple or 3 or 5 decision makers up in blueraider nation that have the answers  ttitans27 in dire need of......but until those decision makers tells us why they didnt choose no gold ball carrier....

....let ttitan27 dangle us with who that feller was supposed to turn that place back to challenge regions and oakland...

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 2/6/2023 at 8:54 AM, ttitan27 said:

Tygard had three good athletes.  They graduated and he left.  Cleveland can afford to pay him double?  If true that's very sad for Blackman.  Doubtful he doubled though.  Uhhh....the game with Oakland.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  No prize for 3 or 4th or whatever blackman came in.

Cleveland is able to pay him double and then some with the incentives he can earn! Wish they woulda paid me that but either way, Cleveland has the funds and as long as he wins they will continue to show him the money!

I have a beef with Tygard.  Not a personal one because I've never met him and I have never heard one negative thing about his morals or actions.  I wish him nothing but the best personally and professionally.  

My beef is with his coaching style.  It's not sustainable.  I've never been a fan of coaches, employees, preachers or political folks that come in hard and fast with lots of commotion.  Sure it brings the excitement and enthusiasm to a program and that's a good thing but that style can't last forever.  Life and careers are marathons, not sprints.  Go heavy all the time and you WILL burn out.  Right now Cleveland and Tygard are still on their honeymoon.  Can't get enough of each other.  How about a year or two from now?  How will he do without elite transfers?  At Blackman he had a D1 QB, reciever and tight end all on the field at the same time.  Hard not to score lots of points with those guys.  They were exceptional athletes with almost no negatives.  Flip side is that his defense was horrible.  Is that the best he could coach them up?  He didn't have the ability to manage his DC to get better results?  

My points are this.  He hasn't done anything to warrant the salary yet.  The money is wonderful for him and his family's financial security for certain so happy for him for that but until he wins a region championship or a gold ball, then his resume looks exactly as it does now.  Second point is that I don't think his style will last in the long run.  Hard and fast is fun and exciting but slow and steady wins the race.  If in his shoes my primary focus would be hiring the best DC available.  

15 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I have a beef with Tygard.  Not a personal one because I've never met him and I have never heard one negative thing about his morals or actions.  I wish him nothing but the best personally and professionally.  

My beef is with his coaching style.  It's not sustainable.  I've never been a fan of coaches, employees, preachers or political folks that come in hard and fast with lots of commotion.  Sure it brings the excitement and enthusiasm to a program and that's a good thing but that style can't last forever.  Life and careers are marathons, not sprints.  Go heavy all the time and you WILL burn out.  Right now Cleveland and Tygard are still on their honeymoon.  Can't get enough of each other.  How about a year or two from now?  How will he do without elite transfers?  At Blackman he had a D1 QB, reciever and tight end all on the field at the same time.  Hard not to score lots of points with those guys.  They were exceptional athletes with almost no negatives.  Flip side is that his defense was horrible.  Is that the best he could coach them up?  He didn't have the ability to manage his DC to get better results?  

My points are this.  He hasn't done anything to warrant the salary yet.  The money is wonderful for him and his family's financial security for certain so happy for him for that but until he wins a region championship or a gold ball, then his resume looks exactly as it does now.  Second point is that I don't think his style will last in the long run.  Hard and fast is fun and exciting but slow and steady wins the race.  If in his shoes my primary focus would be hiring the best DC available.  

He hired the only DC in the area that's won a State Championship in Chattanooga for a public school in the past decade. 

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Cleveland needs the flash and the excitement right now. The program needs a bolt of energy and he brings a ton of it. Only time will tell if he’s worth the money.

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

I get where you are coming from, but the first thing you have to do to win games is get kids and people excited and believing you can win games.  With excitement comes fresh players and transfers.  If Bradley Central has 5-7 receivers and throw it 10 times a game, how many looks is a kid gonna get with 15 receptions and 110 yards on the season? You can bet Mom and Dad are moving Jr to a school where he has a chance to showcase his talent. Get a couple receivers signed to college and all of a sudden the train starts rolling. Look what Creasy has done for running backs at Oakland. As soon as one leaves 1 or 2 transfer in.  That said I got laid off yesterday after a long time with my company.  So when you talk about someone's merit I defer back to what the ole Cowboy said about the ole grey mare. She is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for her. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/7/2023 at 11:18 AM, boogersbooger said:

He hired the only DC in the area that's won a State Championship in Chattanooga for a public school in the past decade. 

another Booger?....thinkin doc snipped the wrong tube

Booger just sayin :blink:

Edited by Booger