Cleveland Blue Raiders Head Coaching Vacancy

Booger

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Most of it boils down to philosophy. Coach Tygard is going to brand Cleveland as young fresh, new kind of football that comes at you very fast . Coaches that don't want to adapt, or want to do it their way, will get their chance down the road. At the end of the day parents are not loyal to a school or a coach, they are loyal to putting their student athlete in the best position to showcase his/her talents. Tygard will absolutely steal players away from Bradley. They don't seem to promote their kids nearly that much and Tygard has a ton of relationships with coaches and recruiters alike.

I agree with the get right or get left philosophy! But I just know my nephew keeps hearing all his coaches are gone and I mean some of them are great young coaches(I can think of 2-3 off the top of my head) but I just hope he doesn't kick everyone off the boat cause there are a few that will do whatever it takes to win for Cleveland and support a new coach!

And the crazy part is, the few kids that are leaving cleveland and going to Bradley, Bradley isn’t doing much with them. They are going to college just like kids from Cleveland and Walker Valley. They are an early playoff exit just like cleveland and WV has been in the past. The only reason kids are going to Bradley because Bradley has bragging rights within the county for the county championship. Through all this the games with cleveland have been close. All it will take for Tygard to do is stabilize the program and if he does what he does, his philosophy will work at cleveland with the talent.

Edited by fooseball95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theDBGuru said:

just don't see the point as to getting rid of every single coach. I believe there are a few that should go but if you know Cleveland the reason they keep losing kids is cuz the coaches they know and the ones the parents trust keep leaving so they take their kids down the road to Bradley, and hate to say it you can't win games without athletes. So at some point you have to realize that kids care who's around.

Im with you, but the most important thing for an HC in Year 1 is setting the tone, that goes for players and coaches alike. I'm sure Tygard would love to have some holdovers that he feels like can trust. In the short term, you may lose some kids, but Tygard has a style of play that is very attractive.

As far as Bradley goes, they've had their pick of the litter for how many years and have done nothing. Cleveland will be fine as long as they are patient 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I think the fast, explosive offensive system Tygard runs will be a draw for Cleveland athletes to stay at Cleveland and for Cleveland middle students to choose CHS over other area high schools. 

Yes and Tygard will not lose any kids to any of those other schools. He will gain kids and a lot of them. 

I've been around a bunch of places lol and heard that before, but I guess time will tell won't it!

I've been around a bunch of places lol and heard that before, but I guess time will tell won't it!

Been a lot of big time coaches go through those doors, lot of state rings those coaches had had and for some reason not stayed long, just makes a guy wonder. 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, theDBGuru said:

Say's who? Riggs would have to pass a background check and Manes(Tynner DC) has said that he is not sure on wether or not he will be leaving(My buddy works at Tyner and has asked him several times) Why would he bring in a fully new staff when there are a ton of coaches who are already there and committed to the school.

5 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

Been a lot of big time coaches go through those doors, lot of state rings those coaches had had and for some reason not stayed long, just makes a guy wonder. 

Former administration was the issue in running folks off . And Charlie Cogdill was horrible. I think they have better people in place to make this work and care about the program. No way the previous administration gives Tygard the money he got with all the other perks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Im with you, but the most important thing for an HC in Year 1 is setting the tone, that goes for players and coaches alike. I'm sure Tygard would love to have some holdovers that he feels like can trust. In the short term, you may lose some kids, but Tygard has a style of play that is very attractive.

As far as Bradley goes, they've had their pick of the litter for how many years and have done nothing. Cleveland will be fine as long as they are patient 

CMS has been losing kids to LFMS too. CMS does not have the athletes it used to have. That could change of course.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:39 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Tealeaf Booger readin like Booger does on most threads at educatin institutions where footbal bosses got skeedattled.....may be some leftovers that are on T openly ployin or creatin new T counts so shots over the bow can be taken.... if that new Cleveland HC feller is a sniffer outer....might set some tone there early ..

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Whatever happens I am just hoping this will lead to success to the program! I know a lot of hard work has gone into this whole thing and I just hope Admin is correct on the front that this is the correct hire... but again only time will tell, and just like I have before ill stand here ready to lift it back up again like I have for majority of my adult life. 

Whatever happens I am just hoping this will lead to success to the program! I know a lot of hard work has gone into this whole thing and I just hope Admin is correct on the front that this is the correct hire... but again only time will tell, and just like I have before ill stand here ready to lift it back up again like I have for majority of my adult life. 

What I know he will do is bring excitement to the program, new look , new swagger, Give defenses fits, Draw talent from other area schools, develop talent that is thee like crazy, get the entire school engaged . Drive community support and show the same to the community. ....I promise you this much, give him a couple years to get it going and you will be a powerhouse in that region. And you will dang sure score some points.... 

• Like 1