2023 Softball Predictions

JohnnyUtah

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

Could be a cloudland/wartburg substate in a year or 2.  We have 12 varsity and 6 of them are freshmen.  Probably the best class of softball players ever up here.  

NG middle has a ton of softball talent right now mostly in 7th grade with a stud in 6th and 8th. They will be very very good by the time they are juniors and seniors. They don’t play basketball either LOL

8 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG middle has a ton of softball talent right now mostly in 7th grade with a stud in 6th and 8th. They will be very very good by the time they are juniors and seniors. They don’t play basketball either LOL

Yes I heard.  We have 2 awesome pitchers in 7th and 8th.  There's only 2 8th graders but a bunch of 7th graders.  They only lost 5-4 to unicoi the other day 

11 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I know the 8th grader really well. Love that girl like she is my kid. Her mom and dad are good people.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:02 PM, JohnnyUtah said:

Does East Tennessee run away with it this year again. My predictions of the finals and darkhorse. I don't know too much about West Tennessee softball. 

A- Eagleville / Huntland - rematch of the two of the best pitchers in the state- Darkhorse is Gordonsville

AA- Alcoa- returns most everyone / Forrest always strong not sure what they have - Darkhorse -Summertown

AAA- Gibbs- returns most everyone, valuable experience last year being mostly underclassman / Lincoln Co. giving the benefit with Lexington losing key players - Darkhorse is Halls with talented soph. pitching duo

AAAA- Farragut-lost starters but have depth and key starters back / Dobyns Bennett - best pitching staff in the state as Juniors - Darkhorse is Maryville/Morristown West

Who you got?

Forrest had 1 senior outfielder last year so should be a contender. AA has 4-5 teams that could win it all.  

On 1/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, JohnnyUtah said:

Does East Tennessee run away with it this year again. My predictions of the finals and darkhorse. I don't know too much about West Tennessee softball. 

A- Eagleville / Huntland - rematch of the two of the best pitchers in the state- Darkhorse is Gordonsville

AA- Alcoa- returns most everyone / Forrest always strong not sure what they have - Darkhorse -Summertown

AAA- Gibbs- returns most everyone, valuable experience last year being mostly underclassman / Lincoln Co. giving the benefit with Lexington losing key players - Darkhorse is Halls with talented soph. pitching duo

AAAA- Farragut-lost starters but have depth and key starters back / Dobyns Bennett - best pitching staff in the state as Juniors - Darkhorse is Maryville/Morristown West

Who you got?

I think Gordonsville will be more than a darkhorse. They should be a favorite

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:18 PM, Roooster said:

I think Gordonsville will be more than a darkhorse. They should be a favorite

Gordonsville will be a tough out as long as they have Plumlee. She’s a sophomore with a strong freshman class behind her. Only question is will experience play in to it. Also in 2A don’t count Watertown out as a dark horse. They only lost 1 senior last year and 2 this year. If pitching stays strong they could sneak up on some people. For sure the most athletic team I’ve seen them field in a long time maybe ever. 

Edited by Merlyn

12 hours ago, DandDD said:

Daniel Boone is starting to separate themselves from everyone else in NE TN.  They could possibly make another run to the State Tournament. They're blowing people out as of late.

Boone is always tough, not surprised they are playing well. More surprised in what DB has done so far with what they have coming back in the circle.