Who should or could be the next football coach at Oak Ridge?

bounder

8 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Bingo. Me and a gentleman from Georgia had a spirited debate about this a year ago. He stated that he had rather be a HC at “Ten-Buck-Two” than a coordinator elsewhere. I disagreed, saying if the money was close I had soon be a coordinator. What people who haven’t been in the business don’t realize is as a HC you spend 20% of your time on football and 80% of your time on other junk. This is especially true at larger schools. You are responsible for every single detail, every single week. It gets old in a hurry. 

But if you're at a big enough school you can designated one of your assistants to handle some of that stuff. I've known of that to happen, some guys just like keeping up with all the details.

16 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I  meant that  Oak Ridge's, Maryville's & Alcoa's starting salaries are the highest among all TN public schools.  And the good point was made by osunut2 about higher degrees getting rewarded with higher salaries.

OR is 43 same as knox.  I went and looked just now best I can tell it's the same as knox.  Maryville and ALCOA are higher, but that's hardly the conversation here.

12 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

You are way too invested in this to not have some deep connection.You love to hate on Oak Ridge but are really tore up about this for some reason.

yeah.  no school shoud treat somebody that way for a reason they can't make public.  As far as I'm concerned, if you can't make it public, it's not a valid reason.  every other situation I've seen, both public and private, when a coach was abruptly fired it was real clear why in the press and everything.  contrary here, it wasn't clear, and the coach came out with statement that made it clear he felt wronged.  That don't strike you as odd?

Edited by ILB1999WHS

38 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

yeah.  no school shoud treat somebody that way for a reason they can't make public.  As far as I'm concerned, if you can't make it public, it's not a valid reason.  every other situation I've seen, both public and private, when a coach was abruptly fired it was real clear why in the press and everything.  contrary here, it wasn't clear, and the coach came out with statement that made it clear he felt wronged.  That don't strike you as odd?

And you’re still here some 4 odd weeks later asking the same question. I agree, you seem way too invested in it all, to be just mere coincidence, being on OR threads all day every day. It doesn’t really bother me, honestly, although I do find it odd. And you’ve always seemed to kinda have a vendetta against OR, even before this. I’ve noticed you’ve had a few disputes with some of our fans on here. Can we let it go, please? You aren’t going to find the answer you’re looking for on here. I’m not even saying I don’t agree with you, but it’s just pointless to keep bringing it back up @ this point. Call the school if you’re that concerned about it. Call Coach Gaddis, he’s not too hard to find at the school, I wouldn’t think? Give ‘em a buzz.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

And you’re still here some 4 odd weeks later asking the same question. I agree, you seem way too invested in it all, to be just mere coincidence, being on OR threads all day every day. It doesn’t really bother me, honestly, although I do find it odd. And you’ve always seemed to kinda have a vendetta against OR, even before this. I’ve noticed you’ve had a few disputes with some of our fans on here. Can we let it go, please? You aren’t going to find the answer you’re looking for on here. I’m not even saying I don’t agree with you, but it’s just pointless to keep bringing it back up @ this point. Call the school if you’re that concerned about it. Call Coach Gaddis, he’s not too hard to find at the school, I wouldn’t think? Give ‘em a buzz.

I don't need to call anyone.  I live in Roane county.  Why would they care what I have to say?  I'm just saying, Since i've moved to the Knoxville area i've seen several coaches let go with little warning.  Catholic, and both carter guys come to mind.  No one ever made a secret why.  Maybe it's just the secret city way, but as an outsider, it's weird.

3 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I don't need to call anyone.  I live in Roane county.  Why would they care what I have to say?  I'm just saying, Since i've moved to the Knoxville area i've seen several coaches let go with little warning.  Catholic, and both carter guys come to mind.  No one ever made a secret why.  Maybe it's just the secret city way, but as an outsider, it's weird.

We’re all aware you feel that way, brother. TRUST me on this.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

We’re all aware you feel that way, brother. TRUST me on this.

isn't that what these boards are for?  I'm not antigonising you or anything.  It's a thread on a public forum.  I'm still interested to see the new coach, and I'll still pull for OR and all the area schools to be successful.  Knoxville has some of the most consistent programs in the southeast.  OR has great history.  I don't cheer against programs like that, but I can still say when I think something was sketchy right?  

20 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

isn't that what these boards are for?  I'm not antigonising you or anything.  It's a thread on a public forum.  I'm still interested to see the new coach, and I'll still pull for OR and all the area schools to be successful.  Knoxville has some of the most consistent programs in the southeast.  OR has great history.  I don't cheer against programs like that, but I can still say when I think something was sketchy right?  

Absolutely, and like I said, I’m not even saying I disagree with you. It’s just pointless to me to keep bringing it back up, because obviously the answer you’re looking for isn’t going to be revealed here. All I’m saying. It just is what it is. I don’t mind anyone being on our threads. I’m nobody to tell anyone any different.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

Just now, SweetScience said:

Absolutely, and like I said, I’m not even saying I disagree with you. It’s just pointless to me to keep bringing it back up, because obviously the answer isn’t going to be revealed here. All I’m saying. I don’t mind anyone being on our threads. I’m nobody to tell anyone any different.

okay.  I hear you.  And I wasn't totally clear that some of y'all weren't concerned to.  

Look Guys it's a privacy issue on one side and a policy issue on the other. I didn't think I would have to say this but if you were relieved of your job duties at work would you want the whole world knowing the details?  I think not, let it go if someone wants to give specifics at a later date so be it. Quit asking you ain't gonna get a answer. PaPa Bounder has spoken!

That being said.  I'm going on a 2 week cruise today so you all will have to help find a new coach. Get R Done!

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Like 1
  • Sad 1