BA?

fb247

I have wondered about this whole situation for a while....everyone I know says it's pretty simple, White's youngest daughter is graduating from BA this year, and they are ready to move back home to Texas.  Makes total sense.  Still, how many high school coaches walk away from a team with a 5-star type QB with 2 more years to play?  Even with BA's history and tradition, they haven't had a QB as highly rated as McIntyre before.  Odd time for a coaching change....will be interesting to see where it lands.

4 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I don’t “know” him but talked to him several times a year for a few years during wrestling season.  I was shocked when I read the social media statement. It didn’t line up with the guy I spoke to.  He helped a lot of guys get to the next level over the years. I expect he will land on his feet.

Highly agree.

20 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I know Coach and he is a good man, actually a very good man. He made 2 mistakes. He should have finished the wrestling season as they approach the TSSAA post season tournaments. He is the Head Coach. The other mistake was a social media mistake so many people make today. You put it out there, you can’t take it back. 30 some years a go, as a young school administrator, I received a nasty letter that was totally false and misleading. The man also sent it c/o my director of schools and chairman of the School Board. I was ready to whip the man. My director told me to respond back with a letter, but let him read it first. He died laughing when he read it and tossed it in the trash. I began laughing and moved on. He said file the man’s letter. I wish Coach had received similar advice.

You and fb247 say that he's a good man, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. My point was that the 2 mistakes you mentioned are his legacy to everyone who doesn't have the privilege of actually knowing his true character. coachT is my only outlet on social media for just that reason...placing my foot in my mouth is something that I can control pretty well in person, but typed words carry little inference and no emotion, and are (apparently) easily taken out of context. Like you said "you put it out there, you can't take it back", and I'll add that there's little forgiveness for intent.

20 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You and fb247 say that he's a good man, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. My point was that the 2 mistakes you mentioned are his legacy to everyone who doesn't have the privilege of actually knowing his true character. coachT is my only outlet on social media for just that reason...placing my foot in my mouth is something that I can control pretty well in person, but typed words carry little inference and no emotion, and are (apparently) easily taken out of context. Like you said "you put it out there, you can't take it back", and I'll add that there's little forgiveness for intent.

Sadly you are correct tradertwo in regards to a legacy for people who do not know him. We all make mistakes and if one is lucky enough, one’s mistakes will be hopefully be made in private. We humans are a rough bunch. Appreciate your comments and thoughtfulness.

Edited by noonesfool

On 1/22/2023 at 4:41 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Going to have to change that last sentence. You don't post shots on social media, regardless of whether or not they are valid, and still retain "class". Class moves on to the next phase of their life and never looks back. No need for parting shots.

Also, "class" does not quit on his team in the middle of the season because he didn't get his way. Finish what you started and then move on. If future potential employers don't take that into consideration it will be their own mistake. 

Quit on your team once, you will do it again. C'mon FB247 you should realize this. You have preached it for years.

What is the true meaning of loyalty?
The meaning of loyalty is extremely important for scaling your business. The meaning of loyalty has many undertones. It means to be faithful to a cause, a person, a value, a team, a brand, etc. What Exactly is the Meaning of Loyalty? In a team, the word ‘loyalty’ has several connotations. The team members have to be loyal, and so does the leader.  Sad that loyalty is a one-way street in coaching and marriage. When a coach or person has done all can to give of themselves for a school or another and that loyalty is not returned, I don't know what a person is to do. I still read no bashing other than statement of frustration.   Class does not quit, but the school or person quits on you, how does that work? Think of this? You come home and find the person you have made a commitment to and find them in a compromising position. So, you are not to leave or quit but continue what you started by going in another room and wait for dinner. For most of us posting on a social media outlet would be least of our worries, waiting for police and criminal charges would be next.
Edited by fb247

1 hour ago, fb247 said:
The meaning of loyalty is extremely important for scaling your business. The meaning of loyalty has many undertones. It means to be faithful to a cause, a person, a value, a team, a brand, etc. What Exactly is the Meaning of Loyalty? In a team, the word ‘loyalty’ has several connotations. The team members have to be loyal, and so does the leader.  Sad that loyalty is a one-way street in coaching and marriage. When a coach or person has done all can to give of themselves for a school or another and that loyalty is not returned, I don't know what a person is to do. I still read no bashing other than statement of frustration.   Class does not quit, but the school or person quits on you, how does that work? Think of this? You come home and find the person you have made a commitment to and find them in a compromising position. So, you are not to leave or quit but continue what you started by going in another room and wait for dinner. For most of us posting on a social media outlet would be least of our worries, waiting for police and criminal charges would be next.

So are you saying you have never talked bad about a kid that quit your team? Or do you realize in your advanced years that maybe they had a valid reason? Did you run a one -way street program? You know, my way or the highway. (the answer is yes). What is the difference in the BA admin running theirs the same way?

When you say he was not considered, how do you know? Because he didn't get the job? Or do you have any knowledge of the situation from the Admin perspective? Pretty sure you know only SW side of the story. Problem is, like you said, it is a two-way street.  BA has had a bit of turmoil over the last few years. Perhaps they are looking for a fresh start? It IS their prerogative to hire whoever they want to. 

Loyalty IS a two-way street. What side of the street are those wrestlers without a coach on? They did nothing wrong. 

Remember to look BOTH ways before crossing the street.

5 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

So are you saying you have never talked bad about a kid that quit your team? Or do you realize in your advanced years that maybe they had a valid reason? Did you run a one -way street program? You know, my way or the highway. (the answer is yes). What is the difference in the BA admin running theirs the same way?

When you say he was not considered, how do you know? Because he didn't get the job? Or do you have any knowledge of the situation from the Admin perspective? Pretty sure you know only SW side of the story. Problem is, like you said, it is a two-way street.  BA has had a bit of turmoil over the last few years. Perhaps they are looking for a fresh start? It IS their prerogative to hire whoever they want to. 

Loyalty IS a two-way street. What side of the street are those wrestlers without a coach on? They did nothing wrong. 

Remember to look BOTH ways before crossing the street.

I am going to defend and even agree with him. As for the wrestlers, they will be fine. I do know he was not going to be considered or get an interview. Yes, the admin can choose who they want. My point was they will not get a better man to coach their football program. I still do not think he bashed BA badly. Just simply said he was frustrated and time to move on. Also, I am not in advanced years. 

Edited by fb247

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

I am going to defend and even agree with him. As for the wrestlers, they will be fine. I do know he was not going to be considered or get an interview. Yes the admin can choose who they want. My point was they will not get a better man to coach their football program. I still do not think he bashed BA badly. Just simply said he was frustrated  and time to move on. Also I am not in advanced years. You must be thinking of an old man.

I will say that his results as a wrestling coach were average at best.  For whatever reason he could not get the best athletes on the football team to wrestle.  Did he and Coach White not have a relationship like Carolton Flatt and Ray Dalton?  When Dalton was the wrestling coach at BA the team was stacked with pure athletes.  

11 hours ago, fb247 said:

I was pretty well done with this conversation before reading this, but I have to say that I'm shocked by one thing.

You publish a novel about loyalty comparing an assistant coach not getting the promotion that you perceive that he "deserved" for being associated with the program with a jilted spouse, and then four hours later barely acknowledge the wrestling team's head coach walking out on them during their season with "as for the wrestlers, they will be fine".

WOW.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I was pretty well done with this conversation before reading this, but I have to say that I'm shocked by one thing.

You publish a novel about loyalty comparing an assistant coach not getting the promotion that you perceive that he "deserved" for being associated with the program with a jilted spouse, and then four hours later barely acknowledge the wrestling team's head coach walking out on them during their season with "as for the wrestlers, they will be fine".

WOW.

I agree.

• Upvote 1