Predictions for who makes it to state D1 and D2 boys duals

Wrestlingfan22

Region 1 

DB #1

SH #2

Region 2

Maryville  #1

AC #2 (going small school next year) 

Sectional 1 will be Maryville and DB again.  

Region 1

Crockett #1

Greeneville #2

Region 2 

Halls #1

Gibbs #2

Halls and either Crockett or Gibbs. That could be a good dual.  I think Gibbs gets by them but it's very close.  There's a few 50/50 matches.  

Edited by TotallynotLEO
  • Upvote 1

I think @desselle has AA right so I won't go there.

Region 1-2

Halls and Crockett/Gibbs/Greeneville.  Crockett, Gibbs, and Greeneville are all so close I can't tell. Crockett beat Greeneville the other night but Greeneville was missing their 220 who is a returning medalist.  If he is back then it will be super close between them to see who wrestles Gibbs.

Region 3-4

Signal Mountain and Pigeon Forge

Region 5-6

Page and Tullahoma

Region 7-8

Fairview and Sycamore

Edited by oceansize42

Greeneville still won at 220 with Lowery. I saw him earlier this year and said then he looks good. If Zac is back in the line up they can put Lowery back at 195 but he'd have to win against Gabe Ferrell.  Even if he got 6 there, a 12 point swing, DC still wins. 

Region 3/4 is Signal and Soddy imo. 

Small school overall is just a lot more fun and competitive.  

DII - I will go out on a limb and say Baylor lol. If FR is healthy, I could see them at least giving Baylor a little scare.

AA - Cleveland again

A - where things get interesting. So many teams with a chance to win this year, especially the duals.

Region 1/2 - Greeneville & Halls ... everyone seems to have forgotten how good the Devils are. May I remind you, Colin and Carson Dupill, Hunter Mason, Zac Chrisman, Morgan Lowery, Cooper Johnson... we'll see what they get at the other weights, but those are 6 guys that are for sure wins against the majority of the teams in the state.

Region 3/4 - Signal & Pigeon Forge ... I know Soddy Daisy beat PF earlier in the year, but Coach Foreman just always seems to have his guys peak at the right time. Unfortunate that one of these 3 teams will be left out this year. They might be the state's three best and it wouldn't shock me to see Signal being the 3rd team left out. Hard to bet against the defending champs, but I hear they have lost some of their starters. 

Region 5/6 - Page & Tullahoma ... Page has the guys to win it this year and doesn't really have any holes in their lineup. They should be viewed as a real threat and in my opinion have the most complete team.

Region 7/8 - Fairview & Sycamore ... Sycamore should be a great tournament team, but hard to see them doing much outside of making it to the dance.

With very little confidence in this given how even the teams appear, I would rank my top 8 as follows:

1. Page 

2. Signal Mtn.

3. Greeneville

4. Pigeon Forge

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Halls

7. Fairview

8. Sycamore

23 minutes ago, cowcatcher said:

May I remind you, Colin and Carson Dupill, Hunter Mason, Zac Chrisman, Morgan Lowery, Cooper Johnson... we'll see what they get at the other weights, but those are 6 guys that are for sure wins against the majority of the teams in the state.

Cooper Johnson hasn't wrestled all year so I can only assume he quit.  

If Chrisman is healthy for regionals and Shelton makes 113 then they are the favorites. If only one of those guys is available then it  is neck and neck.  If neither is there then Crockett is the favorite. I was at the district duals on Tuesday.  

On 1/19/2023 at 1:40 PM, cowcatcher said:

DII - I will go out on a limb and say Baylor lol. If FR is healthy, I could see them at least giving Baylor a little scare.

AA - Cleveland again

A - where things get interesting. So many teams with a chance to win this year, especially the duals.

Region 1/2 - Greeneville & Halls ... everyone seems to have forgotten how good the Devils are. May I remind you, Colin and Carson Dupill, Hunter Mason, Zac Chrisman, Morgan Lowery, Cooper Johnson... we'll see what they get at the other weights, but those are 6 guys that are for sure wins against the majority of the teams in the state.

Region 3/4 - Signal & Pigeon Forge ... I know Soddy Daisy beat PF earlier in the year, but Coach Foreman just always seems to have his guys peak at the right time. Unfortunate that one of these 3 teams will be left out this year. They might be the state's three best and it wouldn't shock me to see Signal being the 3rd team left out. Hard to bet against the defending champs, but I hear they have lost some of their starters. 

Region 5/6 - Page & Tullahoma ... Page has the guys to win it this year and doesn't really have any holes in their lineup. They should be viewed as a real threat and in my opinion have the most complete team.

Region 7/8 - Fairview & Sycamore ... Sycamore should be a great tournament team, but hard to see them doing much outside of making it to the dance.

With very little confidence in this given how even the teams appear, I would rank my top 8 as follows:

1. Page 

2. Signal Mtn.

3. Greeneville

4. Pigeon Forge

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Halls

7. Fairview

8. Sycamore

I think Hall's may be the best team on this list behind only signal mt.