Predictions for who makes it to state D1 and D2 boys duals

Wrestlingfan22

5 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

you can be ready all you want, but if you don't have the bullets to matchup with someone else it ends up not mattering. I went last night to watch Soddy for the first time in 5 or so years. I was expecting them to get beat 15-18 points because it can be really hard to give up 18 points right away to the brothers, but Soddy has some really really tough kids and PF just doesn't have the same team they usually have as far as strength from top to bottom. I say its a 15-20 point spread at the end of the night unless Soddy forfeits at the end if they are far enough ahead like they were with East Hamilton last night. Also if the 106 kid gets eligible to wrestle for Soddy and I hope he does since his family did move to Soddy, he should be a good matchup for Jojo and it will come down to who has to send who first at 106, 113, 120.  I will eat crow Friday night if PF ends up coming close to beating Soddy, but I just don't see it, no matter how good your coach is, you still have to have the wrestlers to make it count.

Cleveland might be a victim of their own success with the 106 situation.  Having two of the best 106 kids. Jose is the better technical wrestler but I worry that he is underweight and may not be able to get bonus points that Dyer can get because he is bigger and stronger.  I really hate it for Dyer because the kid put in years of work and waited his time in the program with a real shot at a state title in his first year starting.  I hope he gets to wrestle for Soddy as well though don’t think he will beat Jojo.

1 hour ago, PackMentality said:

Cleveland might be a victim of their own success with the 106 situation.  Having two of the best 106 kids. Jose is the better technical wrestler but I worry that he is underweight and may not be able to get bonus points that Dyer can get because he is bigger and stronger.  I really hate it for Dyer because the kid put in years of work and waited his time in the program with a real shot at a state title in his first year starting.  I hope he gets to wrestle for Soddy as well though don’t think he will beat Jojo.

Yeah, it will for sure though help out Soddy to have him. He did look like a nice 106 last night. Hopefully he gets cleared and is ready to go Friday

Edited by cobrakid8

4 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I probably wouldn't but Soddy has a very formidable brain trust itself with Ulric AND Shane coaching the Soddy boys. The turnaround in just one year is kind of crazy to see, I just hope the 106 is available Friday night as the Soddy kid is ok but the new kid is a hammer. It will be interesting to see how the weights are moved about as i think that is the only way PF keeps it close, even Signal did a little bit of moving that proved to win the match last night, moving Jojo to 113 to pin Flavin and let the other 106 beat Micah worked out well for them, but if Signal is the top team in A in the state PF is going to have a tough time with Soddy because Soddy had a good chance to win last night. 

Also they didnt almost win it last year, they prob should have finished 2nd but they finished 3rd and lost to Signal who win it all by 2 but also Signal forfeited the last 2 matches since it was wrapped up already. Who knows who all would have won those 2 and maybe PF would have and both by pin and it turned out the same, but either way they lost to Signal.

If Garrett Foreman wrestles PF wins.   Last matches signal forfeited PF would have pinned.  

On 1/21/2023 at 11:46 AM, SportsTNFan said:

As always Baylor is loaded at a number of their weights!

Any idea what their full dual lineup looks like? 

Baylor is loaded but they have a few holes in the lineup and they didn't get any help when Paradice transferred out of Baylor and back to a school in Georgia.  IMO, The Baylor School is a much stronger tournament team than they are a dual match team.

1 hour ago, Pftigers said:

If Garrett Foreman wrestles PF wins.   Last matches signal forfeited PF would have pinned.  

Well, guess what, they didn’t and again even if they pinned there they still lost since 6 points is same as pin or forfeit. And as they say you can only wrestle with who shows up and Foreman wasn’t there. I mean heck maybe Signal was missing a wrestler or 2. Also by the way the 170 they forfeited to Cabral, he did get beat by the Signal kid during season, so actually they would have lost 1 of those matches and gotten beat worse lol. 

Edited by cobrakid8

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

Looks like Greeneville is getting healthy at the right time.  Chrisman is back after being out a month to pin Laws in 2:44 and Lowery had is way with Gabe Ferrell in a 16-1 Tech Fall.  Greeneville avenged the early loss to DC 47-33 to win the region for the 11th straight year.

Yes they are are and did.  

I knew Lowery was going to help them win some duals this year and said so in preseason.  Beating Gabe like that is impressive, props to him.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Yes they are are and did.  

I knew Lowery was going to help them win some duals this year and said so in preseason.  Beating Gabe like that is impressive, props to him.  

I feel halls and Greeneville are really going to give Signal a run for their money at the duals. 

• Like 1

I've seen Halls when they're at full strength and they are impressive.  Goodman looks like he's made weight so he'll help them a lot at 220.

The Whaley brother's are on weight now. Briar will be especially tough at 160lbs. 

Having an experienced kid at every weight class is such a huge deal.  

Was looking at line ups earlier and SD is pretty formidable. I think they get by PF. It's about match ups. PF wins at 126, 182, 195 and hwt, all with bonus points for sure.  But SD is strongest where PF isn't. This is just a guess though,  I got the Greeneville vs Crockett wrong too.