Trousdale Co. 2023

After the worse season in a half century, what is expected of the Yellow Jackets in 2023? Has there been any change? I heard that QB/RB Calhoun suffered a re injury of his shoulder in basketball? if so wishing him a speedy recovery and hopefully he will be 100% by August! I sure hope that the Purple and Gold can bounce back! Praying they get back to the old days of just out working everyone on a daily basis!  

They showed a little life late in the season with the win over Watertown. The move of Calhoun to RB was a good one. Gave him more touches and ability to get downhill moving to the line of scrimmage. I think Noah Cook should be able to be a threat running the ball some as qb next year as a junior. Should gain some muscle/strength that he needs.  Quentin Moore should continue to develop and have a good season esp as a DE. Cole gregory will be solid/good as usual at FB and LB.

but who else can help out? Main thing they need is more players. Most games last year they dressed in the low 20s just like 60 years ago! With the team’s prospects dwindling last year, seemed like many kids didn’t want to play or quit during the season. B satt needs to beat the bushes for more bodies both in the halls of TC and outside and create a program that kids want to be a part of again . Curious as to others thoughts and if anyone has word on any new players coming to help out. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:29 PM, DealLawyer said:

They showed a little life late in the season with the win over Watertown. The move of Calhoun to RB was a good one. Gave him more touches and ability to get downhill moving to the line of scrimmage. I think Noah Cook should be able to be a threat running the ball some as qb next year as a junior. Should gain some muscle/strength that he needs.  Quentin Moore should continue to develop and have a good season esp as a DE. Cole gregory will be solid/good as usual at FB and LB.

but who else can help out? Main thing they need is more players. Most games last year they dressed in the low 20s just like 60 years ago! With the team’s prospects dwindling last year, seemed like many kids didn’t want to play or quit during the season. B satt needs to beat the bushes for more bodies both in the halls of TC and outside and create a program that kids want to be a part of again . Curious as to others thoughts and if anyone has word on any new players coming to help out. 

Losing Atwood hurt for sure, he was an all region type player at C and NG. If they can get him back that would be huge but he is a great wrestler and seems to be 100% committed to it. Line play will determine how the jackets season goes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 7:51 AM, GBO52 said:

I would be very shocked if TC doesn't have some new kids move in this year... 

I'd be trying to get a new coach instead of praying the portal is going to be booming. it's not the players, it's the coach not having them ready to play. They don't grind anymore like we use too. Hopefully they are hitting the weight room harder this year. Blake is lazy and definitely didn't get clints work ethic. we have had several teams with weak classes at TC, but they have always competed because they were some warriors. Clint didn't baby you and clint was the hardest working motivated coach ever, and his players followed him. Did we like it...NO, did we hate Clint at times... absolutely, did we respect him for making us MEN... absolutely! Did we love watching people lay down and melt when we were thumping their heads...absolutely! Come on Blakey Boy time to RTD... POUND THE ROCK... "Our Destiny is not a matter of chance, but one of a CHOICE."

We are the hardest working, most disciplined, best conditioned football team in the STATE OF TN!

how about you get back to those old signs in the locker room!! or take them down! GATA coach Blake!

On 2/9/2023 at 8:46 AM, JACKET316 said:

There it is.. I knew it wouldn't take long. Sounds like you have an axe to grind with Coach Satt.  You might want to go talk to him yourself instead of complaining on CoachT. I think I could set that up for you. 

How so?  According to the post, he played for Clint and respected him as a tough but very successful and great coach. And he doesn’t think b satt is holding the players to the same level of accountability. If you watch the team play under b satt, hard to disagree with that imo.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:02 PM, DealLawyer said:

How so?  According to the post, he played for Clint and respected him as a tough but very successful and great coach. And he doesn’t think b satt is holding the players to the same level of accountability. If you watch the team play under b satt, hard to disagree with that imo.  

Jacket 316 you sound like you and Blakey play golf together, or you were a kicker... one of the two if not both! Just calling it like it is, if Blake was half the coach the clint was we wouldn't be having this conversation. Stop trying to cover up for him, he was soft when he played and He's soft now. Its softball season, and that's where he belongs in the coaching world! 316 have you talked to any players or coaches that's played or coached with Blake??? obviously not, because I have talked with a bunch of them, and they all say the same thing! you need to change your name because stone cold would not approve of your buddy system, he spoke the truth, and that's the bottom line!

20 hours ago, JACKET316 said:

I enjoy golfing with the best golfer in Trousdale County, who happens to be the guy who coached a backup quarterback 3 years in a row to the semifinals....

I like facts over opinions so I'll just leave you with some numbers and you can do what you like with them.

1984: 7-4               2019: 11-2

1985: 4-6               2020: 11-3

1986: 7-2               2021: 11-2

1987: 3-7               2022: 2-9

21-19                     35-16

As I’ve said on here before, bill battle went 31-5 his first three years at Tennessee and Larry Coker won a national title his first year at Miami and played for another his second year.  The state of the program when you take over matters.
But not a good look to inherit a state runner up team and go 2-9 in the fourth year!   

15 hours ago, JACKET316 said:

I didn't have a problem with Wag, actually liked him. Would they have been AS successful without Satt as DC? I doubt it. 

Fair assessment. At the end of the day we have been spoiled with two of the best coaches in TSSAA history, both HOF's. Most fans that are frustrated are saying, "well if we had Clint or Creasy, we would have multiple more Gold Balls" and I can't say they are wrong. Has Blake met expectations, I would say no. Has he had as much talent the last couple of years, I would say no. Has the identity of the program changed. I would say yes. Did he coach his tail off to make the playoffs this past year, Yes, especially when it mattered (H2O). Do I agree with his direction of the program, not really but that means absolutely nothing. Trousdale County football fans have to realize there is not as much talent in the halls of TCHS right now as we are accustom to. Blake Satterfield is and will be the head football coach until he decides to not be, bottom line!