Way too early 1A predictions

Summit22

54 minutes ago, TheBaseballGuy1985 said:

Just curious why everybody is ranking University low.. looking at scores, they played a 1 run game with coalfield. From what I heard, they were also leading in the 7th and blew the lead. Don’t get me wrong, I probably wouldn’t pick them as a favorite either, but I also don’t know much about the West Tennessee teams.  McKenzie and Peabody looked like they played a close game. Peabody looks better than Bradford, and ER and Eagleville looked like they played a close series but early in the year.  Jo Byrns looks similar to ER based on scores. Looks to me like there could be a lot of parody at this tournament. 

Coalfield pitched an 8th grader

21 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Depends on what your definition of "solid" is? Getting outs? Just curious because everybody's term can be different.

Yes, the ability to get outs against a good hitting team. I don’t think Peabody, Milan, or Bradford have an outstanding ace, but they have a lot of guys that I would consider #2’s if that makes sense. If a team has multiple guys that would be considered #2’s on a pitching staff that bodes well in a tournament like this. Last year, Peabody and Bradford both made it to the semifinals and both return everyone from those teams. If anything their coaching staffs have developed more pitching because they realized what they lacked last year. Of course, Eagleville knows exactly what needs to be done as they are the defending champs and has the luxury of playing on their home field. They are the favorites and will be a tough out. Good Luck to every team that made it this far. It will all play out over the next few days and it is looking like weather will not be a factor like it was last year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheBaseballGuy1985 said:

Just curious why everybody is ranking University low.. looking at scores, they played a 1 run game with coalfield. From what I heard, they were also leading in the 7th and blew the lead. Don’t get me wrong, I probably wouldn’t pick them as a favorite either, but I also don’t know much about the West Tennessee teams.  McKenzie and Peabody looked like they played a close game. Peabody looks better than Bradford, and ER and Eagleville looked like they played a close series but early in the year.  Jo Byrns looks similar to ER based on scores. Looks to me like there could be a lot of parody at this tournament. 

University has made the tournament the past 4 years (this is their 5th straight and will lose first 2 games they play) and lost in the first round every year. ER lost to Eagleville while basketball was still playing , don’t think it would have mattered since East couldn’t touch the boy that was pitching (Jeff Heathcoat or something idk, but he could pitch ), they turned around and beat them soon after with Eaglevilles number 1 and Mr. Baseball finalist on the mound with a walkoff . Jo Byrns beat East Robertson 4 times, 3 of those times Taylor Head was pitching, the other time East Robertson started off the game 9-0 and then the defense fell apart ,had 10+ errors and lost 20-10 in the 5th. I think East and Mckenzie are VERY overlooked and could be sleeper teams to win it all and I think peabody is an overrated team and won’t even be close to making it past Eagleville.

Eagleville v ER championship game, no telling what the score will be considering no teams have much pitching going into the championship in class 1A baseball.

9 hours ago, LilBooser said:

University has made the tournament the past 4 years (this is their 5th straight and will lose first 2 games they play) and lost in the first round every year. ER lost to Eagleville while basketball was still playing , don’t think it would have mattered since East couldn’t touch the boy that was pitching (Jeff Heathcoat or something idk, but he could pitch ), they turned around and beat them soon after with Eaglevilles number 1 and Mr. Baseball finalist on the mound with a walkoff . Jo Byrns beat East Robertson 4 times, 3 of those times Taylor Head was pitching, the other time East Robertson started off the game 9-0 and then the defense fell apart ,had 10+ errors and lost 20-10 in the 5th. I think East and Mckenzie are VERY overlooked and could be sleeper teams to win it all and I think peabody is an overrated team and won’t even be close to making it past Eagleville.

Eagleville v ER championship game, no telling what the score will be considering no teams have much pitching going into the championship in class 1A baseball.

I believe the game between Eagleville and ER was 5-3 going into the bottom of the 7th inning. Eagleville made a few errors in the 1st inning to get ER to the 3. From what i understand is that Eagleville's #5 pitcher came in to close that game and it was just not his day. This is what i was told. 

52 minutes ago, Baseball8 said:

I believe the game between Eagleville and ER was 5-3 going into the bottom of the 7th inning. Eagleville made a few errors in the 1st inning to get ER to the 3. From what i understand is that Eagleville's #5 pitcher came in to close that game and it was just not his day. This is what i was told. 

According to Game Changer Baker pitched 5.2 innings and Floyd pitched 0.2. ER’s Jones pitched 4 inning of scoreless baseball and then a couple other guys came in relief. 

5 hours ago, Summit22 said:

Luke Treece from Coalfield won Mr. Baseball as a Sophomore this year. Should be a fun game between them and Eagleville today.

Eagleville with the win 2-0. Really quick game. Both teams pitched really well as offense was lacking.