Way too early 1A predictions

Summit22

14 minutes ago, KentuckyFriedChicken said:

Set for baseball, different fields different hops. Eagleville knows there hime field.

I remember seeing all the bad hops this week, only reason they repeated... Eagleville has been the best team the past 2 years, plain and simple. You can make excuses for your team all you want.   

8 hours ago, KentuckyFriedChicken said:

That’s not how it works. The locations aren’t set until later in the year

Eagleville knew they were hosting the last 2 years before the season ever started. When Tssaa went to 4 classes and Lavergne passed on hosting 3 host spots came open.

I’d bet Eagleville will be a host until spring Fling moves or goes to college fields. 

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The location was set before Eagleville qualified. If anyone had a problem with it all they had to do was beat them. 

The issue is Single A plays at Eagleville AND Rockvale. The tournament is not a single site tournament and is supposed to be a neutral site Spring Fling event. 

I am not saying Eagleville would have lost if they played out of Rockvale. They have been the best single A team in the state for 2 years. However, the TSSAA gave the best team in single A home field advantage 2 years in a row when they had another option already built into the bracket. 

Why wouldn’t the TSSAA just send Eagleville to play at Rockvale to avoid the appearance they are giving EHS an advantage, whether it’s real or perceived?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

The issue is Single A plays at Eagleville AND Rockvale. The tournament is not a single site tournament and is supposed to be a neutral site Spring Fling event. 

I am not saying Eagleville would have lost if they played out of Rockvale. They have been the best single A team in the state for 2 years. However, the TSSAA gave the best team in single A home field advantage 2 years in a row when they had another option already built into the bracket. 

Why wouldn’t the TSSAA just send Eagleville to play at Rockvale to avoid the appearance they are giving EHS an advantage, whether it’s real or perceived?

I hear what you are saying and again Eagleville got where they did because they won the games they needed to to advance to the state tournament. Again, if anyone had a problem with it just beat them before they get there. 

3 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

You would have the same same situation if Oakland or Siegel made it to state in 4A they would get to play on their fields also. Look back at the 2021, 2018 and 2016 3A bracket  Everything is staffed (Parking, gate and concessions) by the parents of the kids playing is the reason i assume they can host and play there.   It's only a big deal now because Eagleville has been so dominate the past 2 years. They have been hands down the best team the past 2 years and earned their back to back titles    

• Like 1

As an ER fan Eagleville was the best team in 1A. I would have loved to see us pitch Jones or True vs Eagleville and see what happens but that’s sometimes what just happens. Congratulations to Eagleville, I think everyone in 1A knows that Eagleville and ER will probably win the next 2 State Championships.

18 minutes ago, Rico55 said:

You would have the same same situation if Oakland or Siegel made it to state in 4A they would get to play on their fields also. Look back at the 2021, 2018 and 2016 3A bracket  Everything is staffed (Parking, gate and concessions) by the parents of the kids playing is the reason i assume they can host and play there.   It's only a big deal now because Eagleville has been so dominate the past 2 years. They have been hands down the best team the past 2 years and earned their back to back titles    

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Eagleville is the best team in single A past 2 year’s & would probably win from Rockvale or anyone else. 

The argument isn’t even about Eagleville anyway. 

No team should have home field advantage in the Spring Fling given the current format. If 7 teams have to travel to a neutral site, so should the 8th team. 

4 hours ago, Rico55 said:

Wrong Stewart’s Creek didn’t host this year.

1 hour ago, KentuckyFriedChicken said:

Wrong Stewart’s Creek didn’t host this year.

Didn't say anything about Stewarts Creek, they have nothing to do with the conversation. Oakland and Siegel are predetermined host sights for 4A baseball and if they qualify will play at their field. siegel has done it 3 times.   

• Like 1