Sunbright HBC Opening

pdover1776

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, EdForHeisman said:

The principal is making it almost nearly impossible to hire someone.

I actually met the guy I've been talking about over the weekend.  He seemed like a real class act.  He told me about all the coaches he's coached under and how that made him the coach his is today.  He got into coaching so he could pay it forward from his high school coaches.  He said they changed his life and he wanted to pay that forward to others.  Doesn't mean he would be the right guy but sure sounded good.  He seemed pretty down about the whole thing tbh I think he really wants it.  He said his interview went great and he felt like he would be a candidate but has only had emails updating him that they are still in the interview process.

Edited by pdover1776

50 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

I actually met the guy I've been talking about over the weekend.  He seemed like a real class act.  He told me about all the coaches he's coached under and how that made him the coach his is today.  He got into coaching so he could pay it forward from his high school coaches.  He said they changed his life and he wanted to pay that forward to others.  Doesn't mean he would be the right guy but sure sounded good.  He seemed pretty down about the whole thing tbh I think he really wants it.  He said his interview went great and he felt like he would be a candidate but has only had emails updating him that they are still in the interview process.

It's sad that we have people like this picking coaches for Community schools.I wish SB nothing but the best,a good coach makes our region better and heck the way we (GB) are going we may be fighting for 5th instead of 4ththis year.SMOnBH!

Very true!  I assume the hardest challenge is distance.  I know this particular coach would not be able to move to that area however he said he'd have no problem driving it everyday.  He thinks they are just going to end up hiring a coach that was on staff last season that already works in the system.  Let him run spring practice and if all goes well use that as the reason and evidence to hire him.  

On 4/11/2023 at 2:16 PM, pdover1776 said:

Very true!  I assume the hardest challenge is distance.  I know this particular coach would not be able to move to that area however he said he'd have no problem driving it everyday.  He thinks they are just going to end up hiring a coach that was on staff last season that already works in the system.  Let him run spring practice and if all goes well use that as the reason and evidence to hire him.  

You said he worked at Grace and was on the runner-up Staff with OR. I didn't see a name on that OR Staff that was at Grace. 

Well they've officially made a decision. I'm not sure who, but full disclosure I made this account as a burner to ask about the school after I applied. The Principal emailed everyone who applied for the job informing us they made a decision, but they didn't blind copy all the emails so I can see the email address of everyone who applied (never seen that before). Looks like 20 applicants, and 21 if you count the official hire. 

2 hours ago, RTDB939913 said:

Well they've officially made a decision. I'm not sure who, but full disclosure I made this account as a burner to ask about the school after I applied. The Principal emailed everyone who applied for the job informing us they made a decision, but they didn't blind copy all the emails so I can see the email address of everyone who applied (never seen that before). Looks like 20 applicants, and 21 if you count the official hire. 

Apparently someone didn't think ahead or forgot.  All I know is a hire was made. It would be interesting to see that list.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:22 AM, RTDB939913 said:

That's a new one, but hard to be surprised from an admin that took four months to make a hire I guess.

15 hours ago, vandyfan13 said:

That's a new one, but hard to be surprised from an admin that took four months to make a hire I guess.

Hopefully it took that time to hire a qualified coach,I wouldn't be upset at all.Our dumbazz admin turned down 2 State championship coaches PLUS didn't even look at one of the best options in my opinion at all to hire a friend who was a five year non paid assistant with only rec ball experience before that and was suspended from our team in 17 and then fired from the team last year.Now he is in charge of a 5 time Championship appearance team with two gold balls.Talk about ignorance??Wow.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:22 PM, RTDB939913 said:

Sounds about right to me considering. . .