Sunbright HBC Opening

pdover1776

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, EdForHeisman said:

Not true there has been like 15 people apply for it.

There are a few decent names that are current coordinators at schools in the applications stack as well. Some coaches desperately seek that head coach title regardless of the location, etc. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

23 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

There are a few decent names that are current coordinators at schools in the applications stack as well. Some coaches desperately seek that head coach title regardless of the location, etc. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Agreed. Most people don’t know what they are walking into they just want the title. 

Hate to play Devils Advocate here but again if this was such a slam dunk hire with all of those credentials listed this would be a done deal already.  Because they know what the position is and have known for a few weeks.  If Coaches that chase "Titles" have only ever been in good situations  with good HC's ,  good Coordinators , community and admin  support ,  and PLAYERS land at a place like Sunbright they don't last but a year or 2 and then they're "called" somewhere else where those things are available ....  They  normally don't handle adversity well because they haven't seen much of it seen it happen too many times. Also kinda sounds like something put out there to make the next HC's job even tougher than it already will be.

Edited by deercreek
None

1 hour ago, CaptainGuru said:

Absolutely, hopefully it works out well for the Sunbright community. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I know the coach's name now.  I have been told not to share though.  The one thing I know about him is that he is a player's coach, he believes in discipline, work ethic and he stresses to his players that any team can win on any given day.  Sounds good to me.  I hope something happens soon.  It's a mess here in Greenback so hopefully it'll work out over there.

9 minutes ago, deercreek said:

I keep hearing that they were very impressed with a candidate from out of state that apparently has knocked it out of the park .  Just a rumor but supposedly has been the front runner from the get go but they may be getting pushback on bringing an outsider in. You know how small counties can be.... Been spotted in town a few times also all spiffed up no clue who it is though. I think these boys will have a HC soon a few have been lifting but more will trickle in when they get a Coach . 

I heard this too just not in that much detail.