Mr. and Miss Basketball Nominations Are Now Being Taken From The Media

CoachT

18 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Who has Wayne Co played that matters. 

No 7 2A Summertown twice, Loretto once, No. 8 Richland twice, Ala. defending 4A state champion and No. ranked 2  Deshler, No. 1 ranked Mississippi 2A Belmont, No.7 3A Ala. Clements , Priceville,Ala. (15-7). Two yr. record 58-5 with only Class A loss in State Championship game to Mckenzie by 4. This year alone only 3 games decided by less than double digits. Deshler(5) ,Summertown(5), Loretto (4). Beat Summertown by 10 at their place which is quite an accomplishment.

Edited by cat1973
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cat1973 said:

No 7 2A Summertown twice, Loretto once, No. 8 Richland twice, Ala. defending 4A state champion and No. ranked Deshler, No. 1 ranked Mississippi 2A Belmont, No.7 3A Ala. Clements , Priceville,Ala. (15-7). Two yr. record 58-5 with only Class A loss in State Championship game to Mckenzie by 4. This year alone only 3 games decided by less than double digits. Deshler(5) ,Summertown(5), Loretto (4). Beat Summertown by 10 at their place which is quite an accomplishment.

Mic Drop Gif - GIFcen

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Nobody cares about last year or her unfortunate injury. Jus sayin 

This thread is intended for fans to positively promote players worthy of Miss Basketball so media knows who their possible choices are. It is not meant for negative comments. Thanks

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CoachT said:

This thread is intended for fans to positively promote players worthy of Miss Basketball so media knows who their possible choices are. It is not meant for negative comments. Thanks

If the process had a better design, it wouldn’t be necessary to post on a message board so ‘media’ will know the players across the state. The ‘committee’ would get out and do their job to get the games of the marquee players. I have seen several ‘media members’ on social media openly mocking coaches who send info about their players who are promoting them, that is completely uncalled for. I think the process needs an overhaul

Edited by attila

It shouldn't only be about stats. GPA and character should be considered as well. These should be kids that the Littles can aspire to be. I love the graphics that include the GPA. And also, it says alot when your teammates are sharing or promoting you as well. Very reflective of the leadership. Lots of athletes can put up numbers, but this should be held for those who hold themselves to a higher standard on and off the court. 

2 hours ago, attila said:

If the process had a better design, it wouldn’t be necessary to post on a message board so ‘media’ will know the players across the state. The ‘committee’ would get out and do their job to get the games of the marquee players. I have seen several ‘media members’ on social media openly mocking coaches who send info about their players who are promoting them, that is completely uncalled for. I think the process needs an overhaul

In my “social media post” I’m certainly not knocking coaches for sending out the player info. The coaches are doing their jobs by doing that. But what I have had is 10-15 calls/text about how to get nominated and what the process is. Those are answers that I simply do not have because I don’t know. I simply cannot help them much with anything in regards to Miss Basketball.