Derek Rang new Oak Ridge coach.

SweetScience

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Like I said yesterday, best thing to happen there since Jack Armstrong and Emory Hale. Glad for the fans of Oak Ridge and hope Derek well there as the new coach.

You called it and I have a new respect for you and your sources. I'm totally unfamiliar with Coach Rang except for what I've read, but I hope you're right. RWR!!!

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Wow, great get. Big question is obvious pretty though - How long will he stay put?

Can't help but to remember this:

https://www.knoxfocus.com/archives/the-daily-focus/powell-football-coach-derek-rang-resigns/

HC Experience

• Powell (2012)
  • Dresden (2014-16)
  • Gatlinburg Pittman (2017-20)
  • Lewis County (2022)
  • Oak Ridge (2023.....

So is he coach the 'ole ball coach' was waiting on? Off with Cummings and now Rang?? 

Just now, GeorgeORMD said:

Can't help but to remember this:

https://www.knoxfocus.com/archives/the-daily-focus/powell-football-coach-derek-rang-resigns/

HC Experience

• Powell (2012)
  • Dresden (2014-16)
  • Gatlinburg Pittman (2017-20)
  • Lewis County (2022)
  • Oak Ridge (2023.....

So is he coach the 'ole ball coach' was waiting on? Off with Cummings and now Rang?? 

Interesting twist is that Rang was Cummings' DC when they were at West.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Like I said yesterday, best thing to happen there since Jack Armstrong and Emory Hale. Glad for the fans of Oak Ridge and hope Derek well there as the new coach.

Or Joe Gaddis. If it wasn't for Oakland and Riverdale, Gaddis might have as many titles as Hale and his winning % is right there with Armstrong. That said, if Rang stays for a long time, home run hire, but he's never been anywhere more than 4 years. 

1 hour ago, catswild said:

You called it and I have a new respect for you and your sources. I'm totally unfamiliar with Coach Rang except for what I've read, but I hope you're right. RWR!!!

I know you was dying to find out who it was yesterday and I thought you might have knew sweet science personally so I reach out to him so he could contact you and just tell you but he said he didn't know you. There wasn't a hint in the world I could think of without giving it away. All I wanted was for you guys to know you were in good hands.