Derek Rang new Oak Ridge coach.

SweetScience

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe so, but he won a title at one of those smaller schools. This will be his 5th different stop going into his 10th year as a HC. I don't expect coaches to stay at a place for 20 years anymore, but Id be wary of a guy that moved around that often.

Not disputing his ability, his record is proof he's a winner but you can't build a program if your leader is only there for a short time 

He was an assistant at Jackson Prep in Mississippi under Tyler Turner in 2021. Turner got fired and Rang went to Howenwald.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

He was an assistant at Jackson Prep in Mississippi under Tyler Turner in 2021. Turner got fired and Rang went to Howenwald.

I'm aware, doesn't change the fact he's bounced around alot of places. For OR's sake, I hope this means he's putting down roots, they need a winner but also need stability, can't build a championship program without it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Me too. I had faith in Coach Gaddis and he got us a good coach to take us to Championships.

Now is time to come together again and WIN BABY!

RWR!  Rang Wildcats Rang. Roll Wildcats Roll.

Im not buying the come back until OR cat comes out of his silent protest of the program

Edited by YoungBuck
  • Like 1