Derek Rang new Oak Ridge coach.

SweetScience

8 hours ago, bounder said:

Anybody go over to Halls last night? Couldn't make it so was wondering how everybody looked with the new coaches!

I was there until 7:00.  I thought we looked good, but considering it was a joint practice and not a scrimmage it is hard to draw many conclusions.  We have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.  Our lineman competed hard; first unit defense dominated up front.  If we can keep our guys healthy, it should mean a special season.  Some players that stood out:  Dozier should have a monster season for us; Heyward, Amari and Cummings  will burn a lot of teams that we play; also, Noles #20 gives us another option at TE; both Stansbury and Garza looked good at QB.  Defense was dominate and aggressive.  We have good depth backing most of the starters.

Most important, I thought everyone on the field had a good idea of what they were supposed to do.  Probably the most positive thing I got out of this session.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, boyfromsi said:

I was there until 7:00.  I thought we looked good, but considering it was a joint practice and not a scrimmage it is hard to draw many conclusions.  We have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.  Our lineman competed hard; first unit defense dominated up front.  If we can keep our guys healthy, it should mean a special season.  Some players that stood out:  Dozier should have a monster season for us; Heyward, Amari and Cummings  will burn a lot of teams that we play; also, Noles #20 gives us another option at TE; both Stansbury and Garza looked good at QB.  Defense was dominate and aggressive.  We have good depth backing most of the starters.

Most important, I thought everyone on the field had a good idea of what they were supposed to do.  Probably the most positive thing I got out of this session.

I was there, I would agree, especially with the last statement, I think this staff is well organized and has players in the right positions and this could be a very good season. will be even better once the freshman join them in August and guys that are in track and baseball now return as well. 

• Like 1