Lewis County head coaching search!

mrincredible

Damien Clayton- Has head coaching experience and has also been successful at many different stops as a coordinator.

Ronnie Yeiser- LC Qb Coach

Andrew Lawson- Accountant at Saturn.

Nick Patterson- Richland HC

Ricky Giles Rice- State Champion at Nearby Wayne County and currently in limbo at Summertown High.

Wesley Duncan- Columbia Central long time assistant, considered one of the best players to come through Lewis County

Matt McConnell- long shot but would make a lot of difference with the QB and WR they have coming back

Steven Britton, South Pittsburgh currently has him as the Defensive Coordinator.

We could play the game KFM all day with this group, but any of them would make a great hire.

Hitting a homerun two at bats in a row is unheard of, taking athletics during school away hurts..... a lot.

10 hours ago, Sourapples said:

Damien Clayton- Has head coaching experience and has also been successful at many different stops as a coordinator.

Ronnie Yeiser- LC Qb Coach

Andrew Lawson- Accountant at Saturn.

Nick Patterson- Richland HC

Ricky Giles Rice- State Champion at Nearby Wayne County and currently in limbo at Summertown High.

Wesley Duncan- Columbia Central long time assistant, considered one of the best players to come through Lewis County

Matt McConnell- long shot but would make a lot of difference with the QB and WR they have coming back

Steven Britton, South Pittsburgh currently has him as the Defensive Coordinator.

We could play the game KFM all day with this group, but any of them would make a great hire.

Hitting a homerun two at bats in a row is unheard of, taking athletics during school away hurts..... a lot.

The problem with this logic is that none of these men fit the set criteria. You see Lewis County is a “premier” program and deserves an “elite” coach. Based on the search from less than a year ago, the future coach MUST have prior head coaching experience and can’t have anything that could “distract” him from his coaching duties, such as a family. This would nix every person you have listed, even if they were interested. 

Main reason Rang left is because athletics were taken out of school. Oak Ridge is a much better job than LC anyways. Made sense. Coaches spend so much time away from family especially during the season. If you aren’t lifting weights, you aren’t going to win. Taking away a lifting period during school and forcing it to be after school before practice is insane. Kids setting home at 6:30ish and coaches getting home at 7:00ish. Make block scheduling great again. 

9 hours ago, TheLiaison said:

Main reason Rang left is because athletics were taken out of school. Oak Ridge is a much better job than LC anyways. Made sense. Coaches spend so much time away from family especially during the season. If you aren’t lifting weights, you aren’t going to win. Taking away a lifting period during school and forcing it to be after school before practice is insane. Kids setting home at 6:30ish and coaches getting home at 7:00ish. Make block scheduling great again. 

This is not true! He left to start a family!!!

On 1/27/2023 at 8:12 AM, Sourapples said:

is it really considered a "homerun" hire if he didn't get any further than Coach Sharpe and left after one season? 

• Like 2