South Side

WestTNHoopsFan

I watched the South Side vs South Gibson game last night. South Gibson had a 15 point lead in the 2nd quarter and got beat 13... Their guards are just not good. They can't handle pressure at all. I liked south Side trapping defense and they made a lot of 3's. They are a lot better than their schedule. 21 from SS is a really good player, i liked 23 from south Gibson. But,... 2 teams that lost a lot of kids from last season and playing a lot of kids that just are not as good as last year's teams. I'll watch them again in a week because the girl's game was awesome. 

16 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

South Side is 2-0 in their district right now. Looks like Coach Fuller and his staff has maybe found a remedy to make a postseason run. That team is extremely young, but those kids are playing hard night in and night out and looks to have found the way to pull out wins.

And the competition is not as good as what they have been playing.

An absolute thriller last night (Monday Jan 30, 2023) vs North Side.

Both teams had streaks in the game. The key players for SS were Simeon Graham (fr) and Amari Goodman (so). Also tip of the cap to Donte Lacy for his point guard play. He had no problem driving into the post against the bigs. Goodman and Graham should be super stars for the Hawks for years to come.

NS was lead by the Kurrie brothers.

Senior center Malik Kurrie is a force on defense. A 6'7" shot blocking monster that can swat the ball 3 rows into the stands. His younger brother AJ Kurrie drained a buzzer beater to take down their arch rival Hawks.

South Side did not play like a team coming in with only 3 wins. They played like a team that could play with anybody and given a few more breaks & a few less mistakes, take anybody down.

South Side is getting better as the year goes on.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

On 1/31/2023 at 2:27 PM, HereComesTheCloser said:

An absolute thriller last night (Monday Jan 30, 2023) vs North Side.

Both teams had streaks in the game. The key players for SS were Simeon Graham (fr) and Amari Goodman (so). Also tip of the cap to Donte Lacy for his point guard play. He had no problem driving into the post against the bigs. Goodman and Graham should be super stars for the Hawks for years to come.

NS was lead by the Kurrie brothers.

Senior center Malik Kurrie is a force on defense. A 6'7" shot blocking monster that can swat the ball 3 rows into the stands. His younger brother AJ Kurrie drained a buzzer beater to take down their arch rival Hawks.

South Side did not play like a team coming in with only 3 wins. They played like a team that could play with anybody and given a few more breaks & a few less mistakes, take anybody down.

South Side is getting better as the year goes on.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

South Gibson at South Side tomorrow night might be a good one. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:49 AM, HereComesTheCloser said:

HawkGuy is right.

For recent historical perspectives, Bolton made it to the 2022 dance with only 6 wins.

Could SS be this year's Cinderella?

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

Absolutely. I watched the South Side and South Gibson game Friday. Either one of those teams can make a run through region. They both play extremely hard, both very well coached and both teams compete the entire game. It was a great atmosphere is Jackson and a great ball game. 

20 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

South Side Boys win the point spread vs South Gibson and now over North Side to finish the season #1 seed in 12-AAA. Look out! Fuller is know stranger to this time of year.

We are rolling! Them young guns are following & trusting in Coach Fuller! Please look at our record & be fooled, we are getting better each & every game!