What happened in Henry Co/Obion Co game?

Waker

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the video on YouTube. I don’t know what really happened or why. Several technicals handed out to Henry Co. It had to be something said. Then Henry player started dancing around toward officials and parents giving the bird. Game was called with 35 seconds still on clock. 

Edited by Waker

The current Henry County basketball debacle is interesting. The team’s disciplinary issues seem to have finally caught up to them, resulting in the supposed dismissal of multiple seniors on the team. Disciplinary issues stemming from their on court actions, not hinting at anything outside of basketball, I have no knowledge of any of that. But the team’s on court actions this season have been have been less aligned with the saying, “That’s just basketball.” and more aligned with the ‘“just trying to start something,” mentality. No reason for high school athletes to be getting into arguments with opposing teams’ parents while on the court. Meanwhile, the new head coach does not display much sense of leadership in gaining control of the players, at times, even seeming oblivious to what’s transpiring around him on the court. Curious to hear other’s thoughts?

Super talented Bunch of kids , most talented bunch I've seen @ HC in 20 years. But character is bad.... I've seen 3-4 games and as a basketball fan with no allegiance I almost couldn't stomach what I saw. I'm not talking about the Obion game, I've seen video but I wasn't there live. I've seen games months ago with similar behavior. Kids on bench standing up gesturing and cussing out fans, mouthing on the court constantly like maybe you'd see at a city park or something. When I heard what happened the other night I can't say I was even a little bit surprised. The talent was good enough to go deep, but the character and integrity was no where close. Things always seem to catch up with you at some point.

Just Classless all the way around from Henry County from the video that was posted.  Announcers saying "The Ref has glasses but can't see" and the "Well he didn't say anything" on a Tech when they are at the top of the bleachers calling the game.  You have a HC fan flipping birds at the 3:13:28 mark of the video and appears players where giving the same gesture to the OC fans on the way out the door after doing the griddy behind the official when the game was called.  Just Classless all the way around

1 hour ago, Onetownguy said:

I see some unsportsmanlike conduct sure. But that last technical seemed to me that the HC kid went after to foul and then made inadvertent contact with the official as momentum took him. That seemed to be to be what the 4th technical was for. 

The 4th technical looked like it was given to the player because he fouled an OC player after the whistle was already blown for a foul on his teammate and don' think it had anything to do with the player inadvertently making contact with the official. You can't throw a forearm and foul a player after he was just fouled and the whistle blew.