What happened in Henry Co/Obion Co game?

Waker

I have seen this same behavior from this group in tournaments from 10-11 years old all the way up to last season in a game against Gibson Co. It’s one thing to foul and mouth a bit to get in another teams head. It’s another to try to hurt an opposing team player and cheap shot every chance you get. Especially if things aren’t going your way. It’s partly on the coaches from the early days up to now and the parents for allowing it. I pull for all kids to compete and be successful in everything they do. However, this was a long time coming.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

Just Classless all the way around from Henry County from the video that was posted.  Announcers saying "The Ref has glasses but can't see" and the "Well he didn't say anything" on a Tech when they are at the top of the bleachers calling the game.  You have a HC fan flipping birds at the 3:13:28 mark of the video and appears players where giving the same gesture to the OC fans on the way out the door after doing the griddy behind the official when the game was called.  Just Classless all the way around

HC had same problem couple weeks ago when playing at Dyer County. Same type behavior on the floor. Poor bahavior extended into the stands Girls coach actually was involved in a verbal altercation in the stands and from what I was told was totally out of line. Seems to be a theme with their basketball programs this year. 

6 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

HC had same problem couple weeks ago when playing at Dyer County. Same type behavior on the floor. Poor bahavior extended into the stands Girls coach actually was involved in a verbal altercation in the stands and from what I was told was totally out of line. Seems to be a theme with their basketball programs this year. 

HC has a lot of problems with their boys program and culture in general. But don't group the girls coach in with that. You're not gonna find a more solid dude than that guy. He is genuinely a really good guy. Could he get caught up in a moment? I'm sure that he could but I'm telling you you won't find a nicer guy.

3 of the 4 technical fouls are legit. The only one that wasn't was the 3rd technical foul in which a player must have said something to the official. This is bad.

Shoving a player because he commits a hard foul on you is a technical. It's a tech in college, in the NBA, and it's a tech at toddler ball on Saturday's.

Slamming the ball on the ground is a technical foul in high school, it shows up the official. Slamming the ball on the ground where the ball goes above the head of the person that is slamming the ball is a technical foul in high school, college, the NBA, church league, and toddler ball on Saturday's. 

When a team already has two technical foul's (knowing the first two happened during the first half so the officials talked about that during the half), that team is going to be on edge during the whole remainder of the game. 

The last play of the first half was about a dirty foul, too. Kid shot a 3, the defender doesn't go for the ball. Ends up tackling the kid. 

The fourth technical foul was a stupid cheap shot by the HC player. HC is trying to foul, everybody in the gym knows that. Don't run into the Obion Central player knowing you can very well brace yourself to stop.

One thing must happen from Henry County is respect. Respect the opponent, officials, fans, and the game. 

Don't be surprised if this isn't over...finish the game and it likely ends there, but when officials suspend the game, it goes to another level. 3rd tech had to be mouthing...if he'd gestured you might figure that the ref overreacted. 4'th tech was a sneaky but obvious forearm with the ref looking right at them. What happened after that was an absolute clown show that no decent coach allows. 

Edited by tradertwo

On 1/27/2023 at 10:54 PM, thebenchwarmer said:

HC has a lot of problems with their boys program and culture in general. But don't group the girls coach in with that. You're not gonna find a more solid dude than that guy. He is genuinely a really good guy. Could he get caught up in a moment? I'm sure that he could but I'm telling you you won't find a nicer guy.

I dont know the girls coach at all. Was impressed with how hard his team played during the game and came back to win. Like you said we all have our moments. Looked like he had one that night while watching the boys game. What brought it on? I have no idea. I just was a spectator watching the actions in the stands and floor.