Who made a better hire? Cleveland or Oak Ridge?

ILB1999

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Blackman needs a DAWG mentality for sure. Something that I haven't seen since Connor Murphy was playing defense.... I think the world of Chandler and his family and I believe it is going to be hard pressed to find a balance between embracing the analytic side of the game with a grit grind mentality. It puts Blackman behind the eight ball for this season and as someone who has set through 16 seasons I can say I am less than excited to be starting over yet again. I have seen the stands packed and I have seen them darn near empty... the program was truly heading in a good direction. Lets see what enthusiasm the new Coach/coaches bring .... could be long season otherwise 

Most schools at least in RuCo have spring practice in late April/early May so timing isn't ideal but it's not terrible, assuming Blackman doesn't drag this out

12 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Most schools at least in RuCo have spring practice in late April/early May so timing isn't ideal but it's not terrible, assuming Blackman doesn't drag this out

Tygard was also the S&C coach... so that puts us behind with no one running that program 

2 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I'm not totally sure one way or the other on this one.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I'll hang up and listen...

I am one Oak Ridge fan who couldn't care less about Cleveland football. Why do you care so much about OR football. My guess is you are just a troll looking to rip the Wildcats.

Have a great day ILB1999WHS! I hope your team does well.

10 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I am one Oak Ridge fan who couldn't care less about Cleveland football. Why do you care so much about OR football. My guess is you are just a troll looking to rip the Wildcats.

It's the off-season, Willie. It's just discussion. 

And seeing regions that span the Knoxville to Chattanooga areas have shrunk the map somewhat, along with there being much more information instantly accessible on the interwebz on other schools.  

I try to interject when I see something of interest,  and I have figured out who the trolls are put them on ignore.  

48 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

You serious clark? i make an innocuous discussion post and you come in guns hot?  Surely this paranoia is not indicative of the whole OR fanbase?

Edited by ILB1999WHS

42 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Surely this paranoia is not indicative of the whole OR fanbase?

Suddenly a Black Sabbath song is running through my head over and over and over and over ............

Young folks - just Google or YouTube it.  You'll get it.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

You serious clark? i make an innocuous discussion post and you come in guns hot?  Surely this paranoia is not indicative of the whole OR fanbase?

Willie is still trembling from when a 5-5 #4 seed Walker Valley (who had probably never won a playoff game before) came up there in the first round of the playoffs back in 2017 or so & beat Tee Higgins & a much more talented OR team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bradley86 said:

Willie is still trembling from when a 5-5 #4 seed Walker Valley (who had probably never won a playoff game before) came up there in the first round of the playoffs back in 2017 or so & beat Tee Higgins & a much more talented OR team. 

Yeah, that one stung. Remember it well, unfortunately. Honestly, though, that OR team wasn’t that great. Even though we had Higgins our QB play was very subpar, especially later on in the season. Our offense went dead about 3 games before that and never recovered. It’s crazy to think what Higgins could’ve accomplished at OR with really good QB play, but most of his career there was marred by awful QB play. And he still holds all of our records, and we’ve had some dang good WRs throughout the years, too. And don’t forget, even though their record was average (WV), they had a high flying offense that year that pretty much scored on everyone they played. Add that to our woeful offense at the end of the season that year, and an L is what you get. That OR team got worse as the season progressed.