Blackman

MidTennFootball

47 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

The real poison is in Blackman middle school... an unnamed  coach is telling parents and players they need to go to Rockvale or Oakland... so says some of the parents I have heard talking about swapping to Oakland 

If that’s the case, that’s pretty darn sad. It wouldn’t surprise me though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

The real poison is in Blackman middle school... an unnamed  coach is telling parents and players they need to go to Rockvale or Oakland... so says some of the parents I have heard talking about swapping to Oakland 

Unfortunately winning State Championships draw kids to the school

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

Tamari (TT) coming Oakland had more to do with his parents than any coach at Blackman or Oakland. I heard it directly from Derrell’s mouth. 

That was one example of where the coach did advise thats where they should go... Either way, when you have your feeder/ pushing kids elsewhere that is poison

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jar2h said:

If that’s the case, that’s pretty darn sad. It wouldn’t surprise me though.

Ok. I will say this first time to respond and last time to respond on here but do read it from time to time. I can promise you I'm Blackman thru and thru and I want nothing more than to see the kids that go thru the program that I coach at the middle school finish at Blackman high school. I want the whole program to be successful. I can assure you I'm not poison. -Coach Pierce 

• Like 1

The Blackman Middle School coach does not push kids to Oakland or Rockvale High School.  A parents choice is a parents choice.  And he most certainly is not poison.  If anything he has been consistent for that community in running a winning/quality/discipline program that feeds into that high school for years.  He is at every BHS home game while supporting everyone of those kids and staff.  So, while some use this forum to push hearsay I’ll start and stop with facts.  

• Like 1