Blackman

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, DawgsPBS said:

I seriously doubt Tygard told them ‘they are not good enough’ lol seriously. Both guys are definitely good enough, but let’s be honest for a second Oakland and Alcoa are basically plug and play at the moment. Their coming did not change the outcome of any game. Not to diminish their assistance, but it would have been another guy and nothing changes. 

That makes sense. I heard pretty much the same with the caveat that those who were a good fit after Spring might be asked to be freshman coaches in the future. I Just assumed that applied to Knox and Taylor.  Both are quality coaches. Could've helped Blackman in the trenches these past two years. 

1 hour ago, Vol9093 said:

That makes sense. I heard pretty much the same with the caveat that those who were a good fit after Spring might be asked to be freshman coaches in the future. I Just assumed that applied to Knox and Taylor.  Both are quality coaches. Could've helped Blackman in the trenches these past two years. 

Two really good coaches. Their impact would have been felt more at BHS i agree

4 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Is the weight lifting period longer now though? To be honest the school only able to do the bare minimum. These kids need to have trainers away from school. Weights, speed agility, and position. 

The school will do that basic ‘bigger faster stronger’ percentage workout. Then the kids go to dead period, or don’t show up to summer workouts and it’s pointless. It’s on the kid as much as the coaches to put in work 

I agree it takes buy in from the student athlete... But my point was you are taking a program that was lifting every day and had tablets in the weightroom on each station to track progress and gains... is now going to every other day.  The work smarter not harder mentality , to your point only works if you have the buy in... 

39 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

If Blackman cared as much about football as they do cheerleading... 

I know for a fact that they do care about football.  However I also know that the coaching staff for cheerleading has been there for 18 years. That helps a little bit. Cheerleaders all have outside trainers and coaches in tumbling and gymnastics. 9 times national champs, and after this weekend hopefully 10..

21 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

The offensive line coach at Oakland is David Watson. He was former HC at Blackman.   Oakland's Defensive line coach is Coach Knox. He was the previous D line coach at Blackman. Alex Taylor was the former Offensive line coach at Blackman and he's now at Alcoa. Both Knox and Taylor were on staff when Tygard took over. Rumor is that Knox and Taylor were told that they weren't good enough to coach at this level. Oakland and Alcoa disagreed. 

Pretty sure the guy he's referring to is Josh Harris, who was a really good player in his own right. Tyler Eady is also a really good line coach 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Blackman is pretty much better than Oakland in everything besides football. They’ll be ok just have to get the train back established in football 

Not sure where you came up with that, bc the scores across all sports over the last year have been pretty even maybe slightly in Oakland's favor. Your not wrong about your 2nd point though, from the names I've heard so far, Blackman is gonna be ok