Blackman

MidTennFootball

On 2/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Osteen would be a good hire, he's racked up a lot of wins at MC and kinda surprised nobody else has hired away from MC yet. Can't dispute Palmer's record, but the circumstances around his departure at Shelbyville probably hurts him 

MC....the home of what has to be one of TN's top 10......maybe even top 5 defensive edge/LB's to ever strap it on.....and played on some bad FB teams at MC

.....and that Palmer feller did sumthin at Shelbville that nobody else has done....and pears to be doin it in Troy....Win

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

On 2/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, MidTennFootball said:

It's been interesting to see Oakland's offense evolve each yr he's been here. He's been able to adapt to his personnel and has been able to do it in various different ways. Not a lot of coaches who start with the Wing-T are that flexible 

I agree, Creasy has the ability to craft his offense to ride with the strengths of his personnel.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:49 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Osteen would be a good hire, he's racked up a lot of wins at MC and kinda surprised nobody else has hired away from MC yet. Can't dispute Palmer's record, but the circumstances around his departure at Shelbyville probably hurts him 

Yeah. I am the same way. Osteen would be a great head coach at almost any school, which means my guess is he has a really good thing at Marshall County that he just does not want to walk away from. Can't blame him for that. 

On 2/11/2023 at 7:03 AM, DawgsPBS said:

Allegedly he was on the board, but changed his mind. The list going around is: 

Eddie Woods

Chuck Gentry 

Josh Crouch 

Erik Davis 

Bryson Rosser

Chris Smith

Jay Pierce 

Pat Curran

Matt Kriesky

Jamal Stewart 

Steven Reece 

Potentially others, and possibly some of these dropped out. Just rumors through coaching circles 

If I am Blackman, I'd be happy with several of these guys. I am sure they are going all out for this hire.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:28 AM, Booger said:

MC....the home of what has to be one of TN's top 10......maybe even top 5 defensive edge/LB's to ever strap it on.....and played on some bad FB teams at MC

.....and that Palmer feller did sumthin at Shelbville that nobody else has done....and pears to be doin it in Troy....Win

Booger just sayin :thumb:

That's the only reason I suggested those two coaches. To me, they both elevated the programs they are around. Even still, there is definitely more to the story and the other stuff still may make it hard for Palmer to get hired at a school like Blackman. 

2 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

That's the only reason I suggested those two coaches. To me, they both elevated the programs they are around. Even still, there is definitely more to the story and the other stuff still may make it hard for Palmer to get hired at a school like Blackman. 

That's true, but a bunch of the coaches under consideration have had just as much success if not more than Palmer with none of the baggage. I got nothing against Palmer and he's been good at places that are hard to win at, but he'd more of a candidate at Siegel or LaVergne than he would be Blackman. His cup of coffee at Summit probably didn't help perceptions