Blackman

MidTennFootball

10 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Many coaches and parents in RuCo have use that loophole to avoid moving. Whether one feels it’s right or wrong, it’s perfectly compliant. 

i never said it was or wasn’t. I don’t care. Just staying a fact. The middle school coach had nothing to do with TT going to Oakland. Momma was given a job, along with they thought it was the right fit for the young man. 

12 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

i never said it was or wasn’t. I don’t care. Just staying a fact. The middle school coach had nothing to do with TT going to Oakland. Momma was given a job, along with they thought it was the right fit for the young man. 

Obviously, because Blackman has been a ****show going back to Shadowens. 

5 hours ago, coachp14 said:

Ok. I will say this first time to respond and last time to respond on here but do read it from time to time. I can promise you I'm Blackman thru and thru and I want nothing more than to see the kids that go thru the program that I coach at the middle school finish at Blackman high school. I want the whole program to be successful. I can assure you I'm not poison. -Coach Pierce 

I'll be the first to man up and say if that is these are the facts then I sincerely apologize. I much like you support Blackman thru and thru. I have set in the bleachers both home and away for all but 4 games over the last 16 years ) So just over 200 games now) I started following Blackman When Allsup was coaching and just after his 0-10 season.  That said the information I was given came from families, other coaches within the Blackman community and students over the last 4 years. Again you have my apology and will dismiss any such story moving fwd. 

I have also been at Blackman for many many years as well, and have been close to athletics at both school for years. I can say this.  Pierce has been an extremely reliable and successful fixture in the Blackman community since about 2016.  I have heard from some parents that he and the Tygard didnt see eye to eye on some things, but so what.  Maybe that has driven some of the talk.  However, he is still here, and he has had plenty of opportunities to leave.  He sure appears to be Blackman thru and thru to me.

Edited by mat73557

1 hour ago, mat73557 said:

I have also been at Blackman for many many years as well, and have been close to athletics at both school for years. I can say this.  Pierce has been an extremely reliable and successful fixture in the Blackman community since about 2016.  I have heard from some parents that he and the Tygard didnt see eye to eye on some things, but so what.  Maybe that has driven some of the talk.  However, he is still here, and he has had plenty of opportunities to leave.  He sure appears to be Blackman thru and thru to me.

I guess we are about to find out. If the new coach comes in and wants to run power I with 2 TEs on offense and run a 4-3 defense, then people will expect the middle school to follow suit. I love the way Oakland has it set up. From youth, to Middle School, to Varsity they run the same offense and defense with the same terminology. It makes a big difference.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

I guess we are about to find out. If the new coach comes in and wants to run power I with 2 TEs on offense and run a 4-3 defense, then people will expect the middle school to follow suit. I love the way Oakland has it set up. From youth, to Middle School, to Varsity they run the same offense and defense with the same terminology. It makes a big difference.  

Can't be stated enough, but often gets overlooked. 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:07 AM, coachp14 said:

Ok. I will say this first time to respond and last time to respond on here but do read it from time to time. I can promise you I'm Blackman thru and thru and I want nothing more than to see the kids that go thru the program that I coach at the middle school finish at Blackman high school. I want the whole program to be successful. I can assure you I'm not poison. -Coach Pierce 

I liked Tygard offense and I like how piece runs a pro style offense, box heavy, play action. Just felt it was some favoritism at times at the middle school that cost them some city titles. Blackman has a good group of kids man, I’ve seen small teams execute and beat plenty of good teams, they need to get on the no nonsense train at Blackman period! Let them boys scrimmage some good teams and work on serious basics. They’ll be ok. There is talent there, they gotta be Blackman and stop worrying about other stuff.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:56 PM, Blaze45 said:

I'll be the first to man up and say if that is these are the facts then I sincerely apologize. I much like you support Blackman thru and thru. I have set in the bleachers both home and away for all but 4 games over the last 16 years ) So just over 200 games now) I started following Blackman When Allsup was coaching and just after his 0-10 season.  That said the information I was given came from families, other coaches within the Blackman community and students over the last 4 years. Again you have my apology and will dismiss any such story moving fwd. 

vast most would have gone AWOL after coach responded

Booger just sayin :thumb:

45 minutes ago, Booger said:

vast most would have gone AWOL after coach responded

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I will always own up to what I say . Especially about this program and those who lead it after16 years and  200 plus games. What I initially stated is what was relayed by other coaches, parents and players, however if a man says I never said or did those things I am certainly not going argue it or continue to propagate it. I'll just take the man at his word.