Blackman

MidTennFootball

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure where you came up with that, bc the scores across all sports over the last year have been pretty even maybe slightly in Oakland's favor. Your not wrong about your 2nd point though, from the names I've heard so far, Blackman is gonna be ok

If not for Covid Blackman boys and girls team were most definitely the favs to win the state titles in basketball, Blackman has one of the best rotc programs in the state, cheerleading national champs, wrestling champs year in and year out. What are you saying?

22 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Blackman is pretty much better than Oakland in everything besides football. They’ll be ok just have to get the train back established in football 

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

—  Mark Twain, 1835-1910, American writer

Against the advice of Mark Twain - I have to respond....

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/06/18/tssaa-oakland-high-school-wins-daily-news-journal-all-sports-award-third-year-row/7679485002/

Lot's of misinformation in this thread....from many different sides....I choose to live in facts, not conjecture or opinion, many of you are delusional on here or you have bad sources.  And not to pick on you arshad221, there are many others with incorrect info on here, yours was just easy to refute.  Good Day gentleman.

1 hour ago, arshad221 said:

If not for Covid Blackman boys and girls team were most definitely the favs to win the state titles in basketball, Blackman has one of the best rotc programs in the state, cheerleading national champs, wrestling champs year in and year out. What are you saying?

Wrestling ok, but come on with the Cheerleading. Oakland boys basketball just swept Blackman. Oakland Wrestling literally won a championship last yr, im looking at results across all sports this last yr, not 3-4 years ago and just cherry picking a few.

I am glad that Jennifer Grandstaff was able to get a title, she had some years where she was really close at Oakland. Barry Wortman is as good of a coach as you will find at the HS level and Blackman Wrestling has always been a juggernaut.

I do sincerely hope Blackman finds someone that's a good fit, but also is serious about staying long term. Blackman needs to reciprocate that by providing the coach with the resources to have a championship program. There are a couple of coaches in the running who I think would be a great fit

23 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Blackman is pretty much better than Oakland in everything besides football. They’ll be ok just have to get the train back established in football 

You really want to make that argument?

DNJ All Sports Trophy

2014 Siegel

2015 Central Magnet

2016 Siegel

2017 Blackman

2018 Siegel

2019 Oakland

2020 Oakland

2021 Oakland

2022 Central Magnet, Oakland (2nd), Blackman (6th)