State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

40 minutes ago, notyourmomsmom said:

Halls showed up Saturday. Tough team from top to bottom. Impressive not giving up 5 or 6 team points at 126 in the finals vs Signal. Everyone overlooks Halls. 

Don’t think they were overlooked really at all. Quite a few of us had them either winning or being runner up. They did really well, I just wished my Soddy 120 would have at least kept from getting pinned as it would have been a fun rematch vs Signal. 

47 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Don’t think they were overlooked really at all. Quite a few of us had them either winning or being runner up. They did really well, I just wished my Soddy 120 would have at least kept from getting pinned as it would have been a fun rematch vs Signal. 

Yeah,  that 120 match was a tough break.  Cook for Halls was scrappy and kept going big all match but was losing decisively right up until the last second. 

I know it's tough to lose like that.  If it's any consolation SD is def the favorite next year.  They're so young and deep. They are going to make multiple runs at a state title going forward. Especially with the reclassification next year.  

On 2/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, DAKEKO said:

Calling a kid names is terrible. Not liking the situation is fine and not agreeing with a call is also fine. You can do better. He's still a kid. I nice kid too.:mellow:

Not calling the kid names.  It was a cowardly act, if you are not hurt.  I was sitting right behind the bench and he was clearly fine.  The fact that he wrestled the next match against Bradley (and won) proves it.  Its a bad rule.  If you have to injury default you should have to sit out the next match IMO.  Either way it came and bit him and Central later on.  Poetic Justice BAby!

The rule is in place to protect kids.  I saw the video and Griggs clearly hit his head hard and both officials agreed immediately that the return was illegal.

Injury time is only 1.5 minutes.  There is no way to be sure that a 16-17 year old kid is ok during that short window of time,. especially when trying to evaluate a possible head injury.  It doesn't make the kid a chickens**t or a coward at all.  

Its a good rule.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3rdperiod said:

Not calling the kid names.  It was a cowardly act, if you are not hurt.  I was sitting right behind the bench and he was clearly fine.  The fact that he wrestled the next match against Bradley (and won) proves it.  Its a bad rule.  If you have to injury default you should have to sit out the next match IMO.  Either way it came and bit him and Central later on.  Poetic Justice BAby!

Cowardly......lol.  really?  

49 minutes ago, texas23 said:

Cowardly......lol.  really?  

Texas, good to see you active again these days.How things change, when I started wrestling in Illinois in 1965 in the 6th grade you could apply pressure on a wing, drive a man’s head into the mat as long as your knee touched first, no headgears and riding time in HS. 
Today’s concussion protocols, safety rules that highly limit certain moves and a litigant society removes a lot of the discussion. I’m with you …. Cowardly? Having over a dozen concussions myself, I wished I had shown more thoughtfulness or as some call it…cowardlyness.

Edited by noonesfool