State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

15 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Yeah,  it was a tough one to watch for SD. But, you guys are young and have a lot of experience returning.  They may be Sophomore and Juniors but they have a much experience as any seniors out there.  You never know where kids weight will wind up at in another year.  One of ours went from a small 138 to 182 in one year and 220 the next.  He may be heavyweight next year,  who knows.  

SD was fun to watch and looked technically sound.  It's not just that they have 2 or 3 really good kids surrounded by a few decent kids... they're pretty solid almost everywhere which makes line ups tough for opposing teams. I'm sure your coaches will use this as motivation in the off season and SD will show up BIG next year.  Y'all went from average to competing for a dual title in 1 or 2 years with no sign of slowing down. 

Page and Halls are going to AA next year.  SM loses a lot, so does Greeneville.  PF loses 3 hammers but will likely reload.  Gibbs loses some really good ones but I'm not sure what they have coming up.  AC might be decent next year,  going to small school,  but things have to fall in place. Bottom line,  SD is in good position.  

Soddy is the clear cut favorite to win both duals and traditional next year in single A. I expect next year's Soddy team to be one of the best to ever come through the division. Only other on that level in recent years would be the Pigeon Forge team from 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if Soddy can compete with Baylor, Cleveland, and Bradley next year. They should be legit!

1 hour ago, cowcatcher said:

Soddy is the clear cut favorite to win both duals and traditional next year in single A. I expect next year's Soddy team to be one of the best to ever come through the division. Only other on that level in recent years would be the Pigeon Forge team from 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if Soddy can compete with Baylor, Cleveland, and Bradley next year. They should be legit!

Really?  Cleveland will be better next year … maybe a lot better.

2 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Do they have a bunch of people moving in? Hard to see how they’d be a lot better better than they are now. Their crop of studs in the club won’t be up for a couple years right? 

They lose 2 starters…. knowing what thier club has had, they will fill those gaps just fine.

They will be better than this year bc of experience.

4 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Do they have a bunch of people moving in? Hard to see how they’d be a lot better better than they are now. Their crop of studs in the club won’t be up for a couple years right? 

I think this was the first year in many years they looked somewhat "vulnerable" and even then they still won it all. They're only going to get better. 

50 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

They only lose 2 starters.  Elliston will certainly be tough to replace but they have backups that would have started for most teams.  Plus, the kids returning are just one year better.  No disrespect to Soddy but I just don’t see them competing with Cleveland next year.

2 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

Gonna have to kindly disagree with that statement Cowcatcher. Soddy has a nice team but Stating that Soddy will be able to compete with Baylor is like saying that UTC could compete in the Big 10. I’m all for rooting for the small schools but during my time in this state I have yet to see a small school be able to compete with a team like Baylor or Ryan when they are at full strength. It is a great goal to strive for though!

4 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

They only lose 2 starters.  Elliston will certainly be tough to replace but they have backups that would have started for most teams.  Plus, the kids returning are just one year better.  No disrespect to Soddy but I just don’t see them competing with Cleveland next year.

Cleveland will be the favorite again next year as they are losing Ellison and Sims, but they have kids that can start for any high school in the state. Cleveland has a strong core coming up in the next couple of years that will keep Cleveland on top. The team to really watch out for in my opinion is Dobbin Bennet. They have a great young core of wrestlers who all wrestled out of the same kids club that challenged Cleveland a few years back. They will have a tough 106 pounder coming up that has huge success on the national scene as a youth and a few other kids potentially moving back. This weekend was not a fluke at all for them, but just the beginning. It should be fun to watch over the next few years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

They lose 2 starters…. knowing what thier club has had, they will fill those gaps just fine.

They will be better than this year bc of experience.

Well with that logic there will be a couple of teams much better. Summit isn’t losing much either and DB has some stud underclassmen. 

9 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

You're embarrassing yourself. Just stop. 

So summit wasn’t that good this year? Also, DB beat the piss out of Wilson Central in the consi finals. Bradley didn’t beat them that bad. DB is much improved. I’d think you’d have known that if you knew much about wrestling, but it’s clear you like to get on here to run your mouth. You’re a keyboard warrior. Real question though, Do you know Ligma?