State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

14 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

Yeah, that would have been a 3 point swing. 

Hard to think about that on the fly sometimes

Excellent points. DB has been the unknown to most wrestling fans. They knew they were good but how good? They don’t wrestle to far west or to the south west in Chattanooga, but they wrestle throughout the South East. Something special is going on in Kingsport. As someone else mentioned, the core is back.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

Yeah, that would have been a 3 point swing. 

Hard to think about that on the fly sometimes

In my eyes that decision should have been predetermined before the match, DB heavyweight was always going to get pinned, and the best Crowder could do was get a decision against Todd but that was a toss up. The best chance to get points out of those 2 weight classes was to bump Crowder up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

In my eyes that decision should have been predetermined before the match, DB heavyweight was always going to get pinned, and the best Crowder could do was get a decision against Todd but that was a toss up. The best chance to get points out of those 2 weight classes was to bump Crowder up.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I guarantee that all the coaches come with a game plan. The crazy thing is if Crowder wins in 2OT we are talking about how they pulled out a gusty dual. You win some and you lose some. It’s part of leaving fate up to others. What if Crowder loses at HWT? These are all the things coaches think about. Coaching is a lose lose game until you win. It was a great dual and lots of changes will be occurring for both teams the next week. 

2 minutes ago, espntop10 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. I guarantee that all the coaches come with a game plan. The crazy thing is if Crowder wins in 2OT we are talking about how they pulled out a gusty dual. You win some and you lose some. It’s part of leaving fate up to others. What if Crowder loses at HWT? These are all the things coaches think about. Coaching is a lose lose game until you win. It was a great dual and lots of changes will be occurring for both teams the next week. 

I agree with you that's what makes duals so fun and keeps you up at night playing the what if game. it was a great dual to watch and my hat is off to DB all of those boys showed fight and kept them in it as a team!

• Like 1