State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

55 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

That is bold @Bump11!  How do you see the weight breakdown?

Ryan wins 106, 120, 126, 132, 145, 170, 220, and HWT. They also win 152 is Tisdale doesnt go, and even if he does go, its still a toss up that Ryan can win.

Baylor wins 113, 138, 160, 182, and 195. 

152 comes down to the health of Tisdale, but i still see Ryan winning 7-8 matches even if Tisdale does go and wins at 52. If both are at 100% i think the match comes down to 106 and 152, as well as bonus points. 

33 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Ryan wins 106, 120, 126, 132, 145, 170, 220, and HWT. They also win 152 is Tisdale doesnt go, and even if he does go, its still a toss up that Ryan can win.

152 comes down to the health of Tisdale, but i still see Ryan winning 7-8 matches even if Tisdale does go and wins at 52. If both are at 100% i think the match comes down to 106 and 152, as well as bonus points. 

Looks good to me.  I'd say 106 is Ryan, 152 and 220 are toss ups.

2 hours ago, mjg3 said:

Gotta beat MBA first!

Absolutely the truth.  I am not sure that MBA does not come out on top in D2.  With all the injuries that Baylor and Father Ryan are dealing with MBA could slip through the cracks and win the whole thing with a couple of breaks and good matchups.

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

Absolutely the truth.  I am not sure that MBA does not come out on top in D2.  With all the injuries that Baylor and Father Ryan are dealing with MBA could slip through the cracks and win the whole thing with a couple of breaks and good matchups.

MBA definitely should not be overlooked in any capacity. Even with Ryan and Baylor at full strength, MBA could steal a few matches. SO if Ryan and/or Baylor are not at 100%, MBA absolutely could give them a scare.

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

I have MBA coming in 3rd as they beat Christian Brothers.  I think Ryan gets another one back from injury so the MBA match won't be as close.

Just now, PurplePanther said:

I have MBA coming in 3rd as they beat Christian Brothers.  I think Ryan gets another one back from injury so the MBA match won't be as close.

This was my thoughts exactly. Ryan at full strength vs Baylor will be a banger if they do indeed meet in the finals

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

This was my thoughts exactly. Ryan at full strength vs Baylor will be a banger if they do indeed meet in the finals

Let’s discuss the facts:

1.  Father Ryan and Christian Brothers have agreed to wrestle Friday (2-3-2023) to decide the region champion.  This match was schedule to be wrestled in Memphis but between the unrest in Memphis and the ice storm this week it was decided the match would be wrestled this Friday evening before the state duals on Saturday.  Does anyone know where the match will be wrestled and what time it is scheduled to begin?  

2.  If Father Ryan is fortunate enough to get past CBHS they would then have to go head to head against MBA in the semifinals.  The winner of that semifinal match would then likely have another difficult match with Baylor.

It’s going to be fun with 3 teams actually very close to each other and depending on the matchups and which team recovers from the injuries, all three could win a state championship.  

6 minutes ago, cbg said:

Let’s discuss the facts:

1.  Father Ryan and Christian Brothers have agreed to wrestle Friday (2-3-2023) to decide the region champion.  This match was schedule to be wrestled in Memphis but between the unrest in Memphis and the ice storm this week it was decided the match would be wrestled this Friday evening before the state duals on Saturday.  Does anyone know where the match will be wrestled and what time it is scheduled to begin?  

2.  If Father Ryan is fortunate enough to get past CBHS they would then have to go head to head against MBA in the semifinals.  The winner of that semifinal match would then likely have another difficult match with Baylor.

It’s going to be fun with 3 teams actually very close to each other and depending on the matchups and which team recovers from the injuries, all three could win a state championship.  

Ryan match will be @ Ryan and I heard 3pm.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:23 AM, Bump11 said:

Sounds like Micah may be out of the year. Can anyone from Baylor or someone with any knowledge of the situation confirm or deny this?

If this is the case, Ryan wins at 52. This match is shaping up to be theirs to lose if they both get to the final.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, AllthingsWrestling said:

In what weights do you have Wilson central beating bradley? 
Bradley wins 106-145 with the exception of 126

160 and 182 is in favor of bradley and 70 is a toss up.

only matches that are locks for Wilson central are 126,152,195. everything else from there can go to bradley

Here is how I see it, if they wrestle straight up:

106 - WC
113 - WC
120 - BC - Bonus?
126 - WC - Bonus?
132 - BC - Bonus?
138 - WC 
145 - BC 
152 - WC - Bonus?
160 - BC
170 - WC
182 - BC
195 - BC
220 - WC - Bonus?
285 - WC

I think there could be some movement.  Could get very interesting.