What happened at Humboldt last night?

thunderbolts

Saw a very disturbing video of a brawl that happened at Humboldt last night. I don’t see  a final score listed anywhere, and Humboldt has taken down any video that would show what happened. Safety is the number one goal for any event and this has certainly become a major problem with events that Humboldt has held over the last few years. I will not go into what happened last year at a basketball game there. There has to be serious discussions with the administration at Humboldt and other schools that play them. It is getting to the point where the visiting teams need to tell Humboldt that they refuse to play at Humboldt. I know that will hurt the Humboldt student athletes, but maybe then everyone will realize how serious of a problem it is to play at Humboldt. I should not be fearing for my life or the life of my child by going/playing in a high school basketball game!

Edited by thunderbolts

2 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I heard it was a fight in the stands between 2 parties that weren't students at Humboldt or JCM. 

Usually it is not current students that cause the problems. But, they had to be affiliated with the school in some way or they would not have gone to the game. Either they knew someone playing or a former student (maybe 5-10 years ago). It is usually the adults that don’t know how to act that causes these problems. Either way the administration has to change something. Whatever they are doing is obviously not working. 

16 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

Usually it is not current students that cause the problems. But, they had to be affiliated with the school in some way or they would not have gone to the game. Either they knew someone playing or a former student (maybe 5-10 years ago). It is usually the adults that don’t know how to act that causes these problems. Either way the administration has to change something. Whatever they are doing is obviously not working. 

I go to a lot of games just to watch with no affiliation, but you are probably right. I have been to a Humboldt game and they use metal detectors and wands, but how do you detect stupid? I would just suggest a plan for the placement of officers on duty instead of them just standing near entrances having social hour and a snack.

6 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I go to a lot of games just to watch with no affiliation, but you are probably right. I have been to a Humboldt game and they use metal detectors and wands, but how do you detect stupid? I would just suggest a plan for the placement of officers on duty instead of them just standing near entrances having social hour and a snack.

Agree 100%, you can not detect stupid. Most of these situations are just stupid. If people would just respect each other and know when to shut their mouths most of this stuff would not happen. 

20 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

I 100% agree. If you can’t control fans and students let them travel. It’s sad how immature people can get. Pretty pathetic 

Then if they only travel, you are taking a chance the ones causing the issues will show up at the other school especially if it a close enough venue. Who wants that? Hate it for the kids who just want to play. Takes away from accomplishments and hard work they put in.