What's the difference between TMSAA & JCH State Tournaments?

EveryoneHatesCoffee

1 hour ago, EveryoneHatesCoffee said:

Schools that are not in TSSAA and TMSSAA choose not to.  Mostly to not have to compete and not have to be held to standards such as certified refs, and having admin personnel on site.  It costs next to nothing.  Sounds like your school is just areducking and dodging.  And saying only big cities can is idiotic, Pickett and Clay is TSSAA, have you seen Pickett county or Clay lol.

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of reasons that schools don’t join TMSAA. The two I’ve heard the most:

1. allows schools to avoid TMSAA regulation on off-season workouts/practices

2. allows schools to avoid a set district/region, which gives the school more control over schedule and travel

I’ve never heard of a middle school avoiding TMSAA because they didn’t want to deal with the competition. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I’ve never heard it

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, maddams said:

There are a lot of reasons that schools don’t join TMSAA. The two I’ve heard the most:

2. allows schools to avoid a set district/region, which gives the school more control over schedule and travel

I’ve never heard of a middle school avoiding TMSAA because they didn’t want to deal with the competition. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I’ve never heard it

Schools do not want to have to pay for certified refs.

Schools want complete control over their schedule and want to avoid other schools who could mop the floor with them ruining the personal of being a good athletic program.

Schools do not want to require what TMSSAA requires from schools and admin as far as dues, recordkeeping, admin attendance, facilties etc....

I honestly can not fathom you trying to tell people teams don't avoid competition on every single level in TN.  Have you even paid any attention to BB or FB in the past decade?  Jesus, just hang around Wilson Co, and get an education on how teams avoid competition to say they are good teams, MJ and Lebanon are a good start.

You lost all credibility with that line.  Be gone.

1 hour ago, EveryoneHatesCoffee said:

You're the kind of person that takes kids' sports too seriously--the kind who would ambush an official after a game and murder them for a calling a foul on your kid that cost their team the game, the kind who would kill a kid's relative like happened in this case in Vermont. It's just a game. Get over it.

Says the dude with the creepy photo. BYE

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Schools do not want to have to pay for certified refs.

Schools want complete control over their schedule and want to avoid other schools who could mop the floor with them ruining the personal of being a good athletic program.

Schools do not want to require what TMSSAA requires from schools and admin as far as dues, recordkeeping, admin attendance, facilties etc....

I honestly can not fathom you trying to tell people teams don't avoid competition on every single level in TN.  Have you even paid any attention to BB or FB in the past decade?  Jesus, just hang around Wilson Co, and get an education on how teams avoid competition to say they are good teams, MJ and Lebanon are a good start.

You lost all credibility with that line.  Be gone.

You’re right that some programs avoid competition - high schools, middle schools, travel teams - to pax win-loss records. I didn’t disagree with that. I haven’t spent much time in Wilson County so I can’t speak about those specific schools.
I stated that, based on conversations I’ve had with administrators and coaches, I don’t believe that is the reason schools avoid TMSAA. There are other reasons that come into play. You even mentioned a few of them in your post (referees, scheduling, finances) 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:27 PM, MCbobcats said:

Organization. Class A girls was supposed to play last Saturday but canceled because of possible rioting.  Could have and should have been moved out of Shelby County.  Now weather has canceled all week and they want teams to play twice on Saturday and 4 games in 5 days to win out.  Ridiculous 

Why am I not shocked???

14 hours ago, EveryoneHatesCoffee said:

This is TMSAA-regulated Class A?

Bro you are the biggest baby on coacht. I remember us getting into it bc you talked about how much more help bradley central gets then coffee county. You say someone else is acting immature over middle school sports when 95% of the time your moaning and crying.  Coacht was alot more chill pre 2018

• Like 1

I personally like the JCH tournament as it is the oldest MS tournament in the state. My daughter looks forward to playing in it each year and likes the idea that I also played as a 6th-8th grader in the tournament. It was a big deal to us as players many years ago and is still a big deal to current players. I can't imagine a MS post season without it. 

18 hours ago, LDFL24 said:

I personally like the JCH tournament as it is the oldest MS tournament in the state. My daughter looks forward to playing in it each year and likes the idea that I also played as a 6th-8th grader in the tournament. It was a big deal to us as players many years ago and is still a big deal to current players. I can't imagine a MS post season without it. 

Yeah, the legit post season is TMSSAA. 

JCH is when you don't wanna play the big boys. The quality of play is ridiculous at JCH, it's like watching playground ball and a thousand turnovers, I watched a girls team last year where for a solid half the only person dribbling or shooting on one side was a single player.  No passing, just dribble up, fire, and that team won it all lol. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, maddams said:

You wasted your time typing a response to someone that narrow minded and uninformed. From personal involvement I can tell you that Henderson County (as a system) dropped TMSAA because of restrictive rules dictating practice time, scheduling, and some other issues that amounted to them micromanaging our middle school programs from afar, with no incentive to aid us at all. We still play the same teams and hire the same officials but have the freedom to run the programs in a manner that allows our coaches the best opportunity to develop young players without restrictions. He's not even accurate about qualifying for the tourney, as you have to submit a resume' and be approved to be "invited". Our local team played in the championship game, and competed against three teams who were an average of 150+ miles from their campus.

• Like 4