Round 2 of Jackson South Side versus South Gibson!

HawkGuy06

9 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Flashback in my mind to their many battles in past years, you're correct. I haven't heard anyone (parent, player or fan) saying anything about anyone else except GC and Huntingdon. I don't think the fanbase even knows the AA teams at the top and won't talk about them, until they have an opportunity and know they'll be facing them. GC and Huntingdon are the current ones in the eyes of WV. Statistically speaking, the game against Elizabethon was either the worst or next to worst shooting all year according to their stat keeper. They're good, but they're not SS good. 

I agree 110%. I expect a war tomm. night. GC has to handle Westview’s pressure. They did a poor job offensively last time. We played well enough defensively to win the game, but didn’t execute offensively. Thing about Westview is Jada and her team don’t turn it over much and we have been. We can’t do that to beat y’all.  I expect a huge crowd tomm. night. 

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree 110%. I expect a war tomm. night. GC has to handle Westview’s pressure. They did a poor job offensively last time. We played well enough defensively to win the game, but didn’t execute offensively. Thing about Westview is Jada and her team don’t turn it over much and we have been. We can’t do that to beat y’all.  I expect a huge crowd tomm. night. 

Martin’s middle school boys and girls teams (both have done really well this year) are playing in the TMSAA sectional semis tomorrow but it’s during the day at Martin so I expect most Martin fans will make it in time for Gibson co to have a big crowd! I expect this one to be a closer finish than at Westview but got Westview winning by 5 on Gibson Co’s home court

14 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Martin’s middle school boys and girls teams (both have done really well this year) are playing in the TMSAA sectional semis tomorrow but it’s during the day at Martin so I expect most Martin fans will make it in time for Gibson co to have a big crowd! I expect this one to be a closer finish than at Westview but got Westview winning by 5 on Gibson Co’s home court

I look forward to the game and the crowd. Westview don’t beat their selves. That is for sure. Y’all have a great team for sure. Look forward to the challenge. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Congrats to the lady Hawks! Y'all played great tonight. I listened to most of it on the radio. I wish I could have been there to see the game in person... However, it seems like SG just could not get rid of the turnovers... I know, I know, that is South-sides brand of defense. Dang it! I want to see both teams at their very best. 1 night we can not find the bottom of the basket, the next night we turn the ball over a ton... Sounded like our girls fought hard till the very end. I thought things might get really interesting when we cut the lead to 6 in the second half. Also, we started out of the gate extremely slow. AGAIN! Almost, like we were scared or timid. Again, congrats to the Hawks! Y'all have a great team. 

Thanks! Yea it was a good game for sure. Yea our defense is our gold mine, they will swarm you in a hurry. 

Yea I agree @pioneer42 I have both teams in Murfreesboro in March. They faced guarded Collins tonight & it worked for a while but can’t hold that little giant down! 

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks! Yea it was a good game for sure. Yea our defense is our gold mine, they will swarm you in a hurry. 

Yea I agree @pioneer42 I have both teams in Murfreesboro in March. They faced guarded Collins tonight & it worked for a while but can’t hold that little giant down! 

They had a 6 footer on y’all’s PG and had little guards guarding your 2 6 footers and they have a 6 foot post on the bench. No way Wilkins would leave a 6 foot post on the bench and guard y’all’s two post with little guards. They play y’all like that again South Side wins by 25-30. McNeal got it to the post early and often in the second half and dominated the paint. The Freshman from South Gibson hit three three’s in the first half to keep them from getting blowed out early. South Side’s defense was in full force tonight.

South Side is just too much for South Gibson. South Gibson turned it over often and did a ton of fouling. They live and die by the three. Someone posted 20+ turnovers, which equals more possessions for South Side so that kind of negates the 4 or 5 threes that they made. The post play for South Side is pretty good and those two kids can do just about anything on the floor, matchup problems for any team. It will be interesting to see how the district championship and region championship turns out. South Gibson has to figure it out, or is there someone in the region that can knock either of them off. Right now, I don't believe so. Good game both teams.

27 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

South Side is just too much for South Gibson. South Gibson turned it over often and did a ton of fouling. They live and die by the three. Someone posted 20+ turnovers, which equals more possessions for South Side so that kind of negates the 4 or 5 threes that they made. The post play for South Side is pretty good and those two kids can do just about anything on the floor, matchup problems for any team. It will be interesting to see how the district championship and region championship turns out. South Gibson has to figure it out, or is there someone in the region that can knock either of them off. Right now, I don't believe so. Good game both teams.

Thanks! Our kids get out there every night wit a target on their back nighty. Coach Mcneal is classy as they come, we appreciate him dearly! 

To answer your question, nobody in the region will beat us or South Gibson! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Just found out that 96.5 FM will cover this game. Dan Reaves will be on the call. 

Dan and I (G Unit) hope everyone enjoys the games. We will have coverage of the Jackson-Madison County teams throughout the tournaments and including the dance.

Listen on https://newstalkwtn.com/

Big thanks to SG coaches Keith Runyon and Katy Embry for joining us for interviews.

Jackson Baker, the freshman guard for the mens Hornets also had a coming out party at the game.

Regarding the ladies, both teams have what it takes to make it to the dance!

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheDance

Edited by HereComesTheCloser

On 2/4/2023 at 1:46 AM, BallIsLife1 said:

Nobody in other district will beat SG.  McNairy, Chester Will probably be in top 2 and neither will challenge SG

• Like 2

South Gibson hit huge shots to keep it within reach. I still thought South Side did not play to their potential. Just seemed out  of rhythm half the night. Credit to South Gibson for making that happen. South Side still cake walking to the state tournament. 

Boys game was awesome. It was a night for the youngster with South Side playing all sophomores and freshman and South Gibson had a freshman with a lot of points and scored the game winner with a few seconds left. Boys side of this district is a toss up between South Side, South Gibson and North Side. Should be an interesting district tournament. Where is this tournament going to be?

38 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson hit huge shots to keep it within reach. I still thought South Side did not play to their potential. Just seemed out  of rhythm half the night. Credit to South Gibson for making that happen. South Side still cake walking to the state tournament. 

Boys game was awesome. It was a night for the youngster with South Side playing all sophomores and freshman and South Gibson had a freshman with a lot of points and scored the game winner with a few seconds left. Boys side of this district is a toss up between South Side, South Gibson and North Side. Should be an interesting district tournament. Where is this tournament going to be?

I was told South Gibson but I am not 100%. I would like to know place and times myself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

District is in South Gibson 

Region is in Chester County! 

Nobody is safe this year! Anybody can win this tournament! The district & region is very weak! Win the games that matter & see how far you go