Round 2 of Jackson South Side versus South Gibson!

HawkGuy06

11 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Dyersburg will definitely be tough next year! 

Really tough District in the future for South Gibson. Dyersburg will definitely be tough. Crockett, Dyer County and Obion won’t be cakewalks either. If I am South Gibson I keep playing South Side. You never know what they will do though. I wished we played South Side twice a year. Gibson County and South Side may be one of the best annual matchups year end and year out in the state. 

38 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Really tough District in the future for South Gibson. Dyersburg will definitely be tough. Crockett, Dyer County and Obion won’t be cakewalks either. If I am South Gibson I keep playing South Side. You never know what they will do though. I wished we played South Side twice a year. Gibson County and South Side may be one of the best annual matchups year end and year out in the state. 

Why don’t Gibson Co and SS play a home and home every year? Pretty close proximity and would be great games 

51 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yea most definitely all them teams will be tough. We will go back to our old district plus Hardin County. And our region & substate will only get easier next year. 

I look forward to playing y’all every year at y’all’s thanksgivings tournament. Y’all are always tough, can’t wait to see the super senior Hart vs the super junior Akins! We love it 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maddams said:

Why don’t Gibson Co and SS play a home and home every year? Pretty close proximity and would be great games 

Not sure but up to the coaches. We try to schedule Westview every year but we their coach will never add us, win lose or draw we want to play everybody that’s good. We know our district/region is weak so we have accommodate for that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maddams said:

We play every year in our Thanksgiving Tournament. South Side has done this a while and we appreciate it. They always play us every year and they play another top team in West TN or Middle Tennessee every year in this Tournament.  They like it and we like it. But we play in 2 Christmas Tournaments every year and our Thanksgiving Tournament. They have a busy schedule too going out of town and state. But I wished it would happen.  It would be a big time atmosphere and great game. I enjoy playing them. We have a great relationship with them and we play in offseason some. 

Edited by pioneer42

14 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea most definitely all them teams will be tough. We will go back to our old district plus Hardin County. And our region & substate will only get easier next year. 

I look forward to playing y’all every year at y’all’s thanksgivings tournament. Y’all are always tough, can’t wait to see the super senior Hart vs the super junior Akins! We love it 

Y’all’s boys playing in South Gibson tonight?? We play in Milan against UC. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Ahh.. Gotcha. This is the last year for the current cycle. Football is moving to region 6 as well. Makes since now. I hope we keep SS on the schedule. I am all about playing tough opponents. It only makes you better. 

I don't think the "playing touch opponents, it only makes you better" is working out for the North Side girls very well.