Round 2 of Jackson South Side versus South Gibson!

HawkGuy06

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Come on dude. You know exactly what I meant. You are splitting hairs at this point. 

I get what you're saying, but I also think it depends on when you play "tough teams." If team A played a series of "tough teams" around Thanksgiving, and team B played a series of "tough teams" around the MLK Holiday, I would say that Team B can learn from it more because it's a recent battle.

No offense to teams that played "tough teams" around Thanksgiving, but that was over 2 1/2 months ago, so that "learning experience" may have worn off by now.

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Not sure but up to the coaches. We try to schedule Westview every year but we their coach will never add us, win lose or draw we want to play everybody that’s good. We know our district/region is weak so we have accommodate for that. 

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but isn't WV 6 & 2 against SS when they've played each other in recent history in official games. I'd like to see a yearly matchup between the two as well, but "most" years the WV boys can't match up against the SS boys. Maybe with the new coach of the boys being there at WV, that game will start getting scheduled. I believe where SS and WV (girls) had their split from the schedule was when after a fight occurred a few summers ago at UT-Martin in the summer games. 

Either way, good luck to SS the rest of the way in, and hopefully this is y'all's year. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

31 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but isn't WV 6 & 2 against SS when they've played each other in recent history in official games. I'd like to see a yearly matchup between the two as well, but "most" years the WV boys can't match up against the SS boys. Maybe with the new coach of the boys being there at WV, that game will start getting scheduled. I believe where SS and WV (girls) had their split from the schedule was when after a fight occurred a few summers ago at UT-Martin in the summer games. 

Either way, good luck to SS the rest of the way in, and hopefully this is y'all's year. 

Not sure on head to head but y’all are up! We don’t care about losing but I do know y’all will not come to South Side! We beat y’all in South Gibson & lost to y’all in Martin like 3 times. We called to add y’all a few weeks ago & Haskins wouldn’t agree to come to SS but would do it if we came to y’all. We tried to make it happen this year. I think everyone wanted to see that game. 

Good luck to y’all as well & I hope we can finally show the state how good our program is! We can’t catch a break the I word, hopefully this year we can make it happen 

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Not sure on head to head but y’all are up! We don’t care about losing but I do know y’all will not come to South Side! We beat y’all in South Gibson & lost to y’all in Martin like 3 times. We called to add y’all a few weeks ago & Haskins wouldn’t agree to come to SS but would do it if we came to y’all. We tried to make it happen this year. I think everyone wanted to see that game. 

Good luck to y’all as well & I hope we can finally show the state how good our program is! We can’t catch a break the I word, hopefully this year we can make it happen 

I know both coaches are friends, pull for each other when not playing each other, and they'll get it figured out. I hope SS wins it all this year too. 

@HawkGuy06 Congrats on the district title. Y'all proved again why y'all are the #1 team in the state. Do you think if we proposed a rule change to exempt the first quarter of the game y'alls coach would be cool with it? Ha! JK. Again, we fall waaay behind early in the game and just did a hole too big to dig out of.

I would bet the we had almost as many turnovers tonight as we did points....  The defense from the lady hawks is just a different animal. Our girls played really hard again and I saw great effort from them. Again, congrats. I hope we see y'all in Chester.  

Edited by ManOfMillions

9 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

@HawkGuy06 Congrats on the district title. Y'all proved again why y'all are the #1 team in the state. Do you think if we proposed a rule change to exempt the first quarter of the game y'alls coach would be cool with it? Ha! JK. Again, we fall waaay behind early in the game and just did a hole too big to dig out of.

I would bet the we had almost as many turnovers tonight as we did points....  The defense from the lady hawks is just a different animal. Our girls played really hard again and I saw great effort from them. Again, congrats. I hope we see y'all in Chester.  

Don’t worry you will.  No resistance from anyone in the other district 

30 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Thanks. Y’all played us tough & will be at state. We live on that defense & practice defense more than we do offense. Y’all will definitely see us in Chester! Good luck to y’all