Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

It seems these days, at least in basketball, that all I see is "Tribe" this and "Tribe" that. "Tribe Nation" at the end of the court. "The Tribe" everywhere including this board.

What?

These are "The Indians" not "The Tribe". So what's going on here? Perhaps a little left wing attempt to slowly and subtilely take away the word "Indians" relative to Dobyns-Bennett? 

What we really need to do is get rid of the word "tribe".  Why? Because the radical Left that wants to take away our heritage is actvely  trying to divide us into tribes and put labels on us. Time to stop it.

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

It seems these days, at least in basketball, that all I see is "Tribe" this and "Tribe" that. "Tribe Nation" at the end of the court. "The Tribe" everywhere including this board.

What?

These are "The Indians" not "The Tribe". So what's going on here? Perhaps a little left wing attempt to slowly and subtilely take away the word "Indians" relative to Dobyns-Bennett? 

What we really need to do is get rid of the word "tribe".  Why? Because the radical Left that wants to take away our heritage is actvely  trying to divide us into tribes and put labels on us. Time to stop it.

No horse in the race since I’m an OR fan, but I’ve always called DB the Tribe, and I’m far from what I’d call a left winger. I always called the Cleveland Indians the same thing. I wouldn’t read too much into it if I were you. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by SweetScience

It's very hard for any school to win back-to-back state championships (in basketball), especially at the top level. Hasn't been done very many times. The "Indians" have had some key injuries this season that have held up their progress. But I like the direction this coach is taking the program. DB will have to pick up the pace to make it through the Knoxville area teams and get back to state. Seems there are 3 or 4 teams down there that are really good. 

33 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's very hard for any school to win back-to-back state championships (in basketball), especially at the top level. Hasn't been done very many times. The "Indians" have had some key injuries this season that have held up their progress. But I like the direction this coach is taking the program. DB will have to pick up the pace to make it through the Knoxville area teams and get back to state. Seems there are 3 or 4 teams down there that are really good. 

Did The Hill ever do it in their heyday? 

On 2/4/2023 at 11:54 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, to real basketball. What are your thoughts on the chances that the INDIANS could go deep into the playoffs this year? They looked good against The Powder Puffs Friday. But so would North if they still existed.

18 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I said it in the 4A contender thread that I made last week... I don't have that "gut" feeling like I did last year that we'll get back to the Boro this year.

Last year I was 99% confident we'd get there.  Now I was like 1% thinking we'd actually win the whole thing, but getting there I didn't think would be an issue last season.

This year, getting to the substate and even hosting it shouldn't be a problem.  Region 2 is very weak with the exception of maybe Sevier County.  I believe one of the Region 2 teams get us though.  Oak Ridge and William Blount are both pretty stout and perhaps Hardin Valley is a sleeper in there as well.

THE TRIBE - has been around a long long time, nothing new.

In the late 70's the student section cheered - ROLL TRIBE ROLL at every game. You are def an Indian if you are part of The Tribe.

DB boys should win the District Title and the Region Title and host a sectional game. Winner goes to State and if DB has won the District and Region and plays at home in a sectional... they have a real good shot at winning that game.

A bunch of good teams from Region 2 (D4) will not play in a sectional game...just the 2 playing for the Region Title get that chance. 

23 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

This year, getting to the substate and even hosting it shouldn't be a problem.  Region 2 is very weak with the exception of maybe Sevier County.  I believe one of the Region 2 teams get us though.  Oak Ridge and William Blount are both pretty stout and perhaps Hardin Valley is a sleeper in there as well.

Oops I said Region 2 here... I meant District 2.  My bad.