Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Anybody watch the NBA slam dunk contest last night? Mac McClung from Gate City put on a show. Glad to see someone from the area get some attention. 

Yes it was the first time I've really cared about it since Vince Carter back in the day.  I picked him to win from the moment it was announced he would be in it.

When I covered Ridgeview in SWVA, he did the East Bay funk dunk in a game against us that made SC Top 10.  May have even been number 1, can't quite remember.  Dude is out of this world.

• Like 1

On a side note... congratulations to West Ridge on winning the district tournament.  My daughter goes there so I ain't a wolf hater like maybe some D-B folks are...

Actually I don't think too many D-B folks hate WR (yet), I think the hate in that rivalry may be all one sided.

A potential region semifinal between D-B and West Ridge with a sectional bid on the line may sell out the TAC next Tuesday.

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

On a side note... congratulations to West Ridge on winning the district tournament.  My daughter goes there so I ain't a wolf hater like maybe some D-B folks are...

Actually I don't think too many D-B folks hate WR (yet), I think the hate in that rivalry may be all one sided.

A potential region semifinal between D-B and West Ridge with a sectional bid on the line may sell out the TAC next Tuesday.

You were always hating on West Ridge!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Yes it was the first time I've really cared about it since Vince Carter back in the day.  I picked him to win from the moment it was announced he would be in it.

When I covered Ridgeview in SWVA, he did the East Bay funk dunk in a game against us that made SC Top 10.  May have even been number 1, can't quite remember.  Dude is out of this world.

I thought it was pretty cool that he had his Gate City teammates as props on his second dunk, and then put his Gate City jersey on for the final dunk. Hasn't forgot where he came from. Deserves a statue in front of the school. 

• Like 1