Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well........Still in it. 

Morristown West must have been much better than anyone was giving credit for.  Was surprised to see it was only a three point game.  Either way, win or lose tomorrow, back to the sectional for the fourth consecutive year I believe.  Tomorrow will be tough against the Smoky Bears.  Monday will be even tougher against either Karns, who we've already got spanked by this year, or Slick Willy B.

15 minutes ago, 2minutedrill said:

Gerald Sensabaugh will be mad. 

Socrates stated, "All I know is I know nothing."  For that, he was known to be the wisest man in all of Greece.

Gerald thinks he knows everything about everything when he obviously knows little about anything.  For that he is known to be the biggest donkey in Tennessee.

13 minutes ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

Socrates stated, "All I know is I know nothing."  For that, he was known to be the wisest man in all of Greece.

Gerald thinks he knows everything about everything when he obviously knows little about anything.  For that he is known to be the biggest donkey in Tennessee.

He really ruined his kids basketball career by being crazy... 

1 hour ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

Personally, I have no problem with Gerald. He's very passionate about everything he does, and he's opinionated. So what? He's not right about everything but he's right about a lot of things. As for his son, that's his family. He's going to do what he thinks is best for him. None of our business. I don't think he hates DB. Just some parts of the system. And he's right about that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Personally, I have no problem with Gerald. He's very passionate about everything he does, and he's opinionated. So what? He's not right about everything but he's right about a lot of things. As for his son, that's his family. He's going to do what he thinks is best for him. None of our business. I don't think he hates DB. Just some parts of the system. And he's right about that. 

He got mad that they charged him $60.00 after he refused to return his kid's jersey. Dude with millions worried about a high school basketball team following the rules and trying to get school property back. 

That's ridiculous. Then comes and pulls all the stuff he donated to the school like an butt hole because of said charge, then goes on to talk about how DB would never win a state title the same year they do just that.... 

He is like his daddy and does not think before he acts. Great for NFL defense but not great for life after sports. 

I understand he is trying to make things better but that was not the way to go about it at all. This is from somebody not from Kingsport but has been following area sports for 45 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

He got mad that they charged him $60.00 after he refused to return his kid's jersey. Dude with millions worried about a high school basketball team following the rules and trying to get school property back. 

That's ridiculous. Then comes and pulls all the stuff he donated to the school like an butt hole because of said charge, then goes on to talk about how DB would never win a state title the same year they do just that.... 

He is like his daddy and does not think before he acts. Great for NFL defense but not great for life after sports. 

I understand he is trying to make things better but that was not the way to go about it at all. This is from somebody not from Kingsport but has been following area sports for 45 years. 

Well, the way I understand it that's not exactly how the jersey thing went down. I think some people said some things and it got blown out of proportion. As for the state title thing I'm 100% sure pretty much everybody has been saying DB would never win a state title. I've been hearing that for 30 years from all over east tn. So winning state last year was sweet for DB fans. We have something to point to finally. 

Like I said before, Sensabaugh is really passionate about everything he does. Maybe that's a fault sometimes. And you should understand there are some bad elements at DB. What a lot of us call "The Good Ole' Boy Network". They don't like change. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Like 1

From a life-time William Blount fan, was impressed with the whole environment at DB for last night's game.  Nice facility, good P.A. man, quality opponent.  The Oliver kid played one of the best halves of basketball I've ever witnessed in the second half.  Congrats to DB for getting to go to state but ...it was a bitter pill to swallow for us Governors.  Referees are human and calls are missed every game for both sides.  But the final foul call that allowed DB to win was completely wrong.  There was no foul is the primary thing.  The referee that made the call was not in the right position to make it.  The player he called it against was no where close to touching Oliver.  IF -- and there wasn't, a foul to call, there should have been 1.9 seconds left on the clock.  But it was a no call ... if it had happened the exact opposite and benefitted WB ... after watching the video I would totally agree.  DB was fortunate to benefit from a human error ... and it happens.  But it takes a while to recover when you are on the other side.  Good luck to DB at state!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GovMan said:

From a life-time William Blount fan, was impressed with the whole environment at DB for last night's game.  Nice facility, good P.A. man, quality opponent.  The Oliver kid played one of the best halves of basketball I've ever witnessed in the second half.  Congrats to DB for getting to go to state but ...it was a bitter pill to swallow for us Governors.  Referees are human and calls are missed every game for both sides.  But the final foul call that allowed DB to win was completely wrong.  There was no foul is the primary thing.  The referee that made the call was not in the right position to make it.  The player he called it against was no where close to touching Oliver.  IF -- and there wasn't, a foul to call, there should have been 1.9 seconds left on the clock.  But it was a no call ... if it had happened the exact opposite and benefitted WB ... after watching the video I would totally agree.  DB was fortunate to benefit from a human error ... and it happens.  But it takes a while to recover when you are on the other side.  Good luck to DB at state!

Classy comment. I do agree the call was on the first player to grab him. Should have been 1.0 on the clock. 

Would it have mattered? Maybe or maybe not.

WB has a great team and hopefully can keep building without Maryville stealing your players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GovMan said:

I can respect this take.  Unlike some of the stuff I have seen on Twitter.

I'd say the folks from Blount were devastated.  This is the second year in a row you guys feel like you got the shaft.  Last year for sure, as there wasn't anything in that video with Farragut last year that I saw that warranted an ejection from either team really.

On the other foot, this is the second year we've "benefitted" from the substate round.  I use that term in quotes, because of the video I saw last night, it looked like a foul.  Last year we certainly got a benefit of having to play a depleted Farragut team in the substate.  Who knows if the Admirals have a full roster for that one if we're even sitting here talking about being a defending state champ trying to defend its crown.

• Like 1