Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

On 2/5/2023 at 2:22 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

It's very hard for any school to win back-to-back state championships (in basketball), especially at the top level. Hasn't been done very many times. The "Indians" have had some key injuries this season that have held up their progress. But I like the direction this coach is taking the program. DB will have to pick up the pace to make it through the Knoxville area teams and get back to state. Seems there are 3 or 4 teams down there that are really good. 

Roll about 35 miles west of Kingsport and that little town called Greeneville did it the last two years. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:45 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

It seems these days, at least in basketball, that all I see is "Tribe" this and "Tribe" that. "Tribe Nation" at the end of the court. "The Tribe" everywhere including this board.

What?

These are "The Indians" not "The Tribe". So what's going on here? Perhaps a little left wing attempt to slowly and subtilely take away the word "Indians" relative to Dobyns-Bennett? 

What we really need to do is get rid of the word "tribe".  Why? Because the radical Left that wants to take away our heritage is actvely  trying to divide us into tribes and put labels on us. Time to stop it.

These lizard people using laptops to traffic babies out the basements of pizzerias with gas stoves and sexy candy will stop at nothing!

And how DARE Kingsport school officials call the renovated Sullivan North the TRIBE Athletic Complex! 

Edited by Expatriate

On 2/4/2023 at 11:54 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, to real basketball. What are your thoughts on the chances that the INDIANS could go deep into the playoffs this year? They looked good against The Powder Puffs Friday. But so would North if they still existed.

They're going deep into the playoffs.

Home court in the district and regional tournaments. Nobody in the Big 5 can touch them. No beast of a team coming out of the IMAC. Which puts the (clears throat) Tribe into the Sectional, very likely at home. Which means they have a good shot at getting back to State.

The only thing that can stop them is a bad night of 3-point shooting. But with three scary outside shooters and McHugh coming on, if two of them struggle the other two would pick them up.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, LINEDAD said:

THE TRIBE - has been around a long long time, nothing new.

In the late 70's the student section cheered - ROLL TRIBE ROLL at every game. You are def an Indian if you are part of The Tribe.

Well, I wasn't trying to say it's something new. I am saying the use of the word "Tribe" seems to be replacing "Indians". Wokeness in Kingsport politics. I do know we have a left leaning school board. A former head of the board is a left wing fanatic.

Yeah, even in my ancient days of yore, The Tribe was was used as a nickname but we were Indians.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:18 PM, Expatriate said:

These lizard people using laptops to traffic babies out the basements of pizzerias with gas stoves and sexy candy will stop at nothing!

And how DARE Kingsport school officials call the renovated Sullivan North the TRIBE Athletic Complex! 

Meow. Yum. Repatriated lizards.

Honestly, I don't see the Indians making it past the Knox area teams. But then I was surprised last year. 

11 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Meow. Yum. Repatriated lizards.

Honestly, I don't see the Indians making it past the Knox area teams. But then I was surprised last year. 

Just like last year DB is playing their best ball at tournament time. This team is starting to look a lot like last years. A tic off I think, but the same blueprint. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, I wasn't trying to say it's something new. I am saying the use of the word "Tribe" seems to be replacing "Indians". Wokeness in Kingsport politics. I do know we have a left leaning school board. A former head of the board is a left wing fanatic.

Yeah, even in my ancient days of yore, The Tribe was was used as a nickname but we were Indians.

I can tell you first hand, there is no, zero, nada... emphasis or pressure or even a mention.... of calling DB teams the Tribe instead of the Indians at DB in the Sports Department. I like 'em both. I have used both, just like you from the get go. 

Coach Poore has 'em ready for sure. Won 10 out of 11 to finish the season and that was a last second shot that beat DB. DB is going to be hard to beat...playing at home in the District and the Region. 

On 2/15/2023 at 3:11 PM, LINEDAD said:

Coach Poore has 'em ready for sure. Won 10 out of 11 to finish the season and that was a last second shot that beat DB. DB is going to be hard to beat...playing at home in the District and the Region. 

I do hope you're more correct about the "Tribe" thing than the readiness thing. 71-63? Not ready. Last year was a fluke just as I suspected.

Was it Waco that said we're a band school now? Apparently we are.  And you know, I'll take that. At least the band is consistently, competitively, placing in the top 10 IN THE NATION. Yeah.  Ill take that.

Yeah. Raise your hand if you thought West Ridge would be at home and D-B on the road in the first round of region. 

Definitely made it a hard road for ourselves for sure. Especially if we lose to Crockett too and have to go to most likely Sevier County. 

But we were almost in the same situation last year. Lost to Science Hill in the district tournament and had to beat the second best team in the Region in Morristown East in the semifinals. We're still ok. Just can't afford no more slip ups like last night. 

9 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Yeah. Raise your hand if you thought West Ridge would be at home and D-B on the road in the first round of region. 

Definitely made it a hard road for ourselves for sure. Especially if we lose to Crockett too and have to go to most likely Sevier County. 

But we were almost in the same situation last year. Lost to Science Hill in the district tournament and had to beat the second best team in the Region in Morristown East in the semifinals. We're still ok. Just can't afford no more slip ups like last night. 

Can’t believe you lost to Boone last night. Be funny if Crockett comes up with the win tomorrow.