Traditional state champion predictions

Wrestlingfan22

A - Greeneville...I know they didn't make the duals but with Carson, Colin, Hunter, Chrisman, and Lowery, they will have 5 champions. I expect Pigeon Forge, Signal, and Soddy to be their biggest challengers. They are the only ones that will have the firepower to match that. Pigeon Forge will have Cable, Wyatt Howard, and Wolfe in the finals with Aiden Howard and Little right there too. Signal probably has 4 finalists with the three brother and Davis. Soddy has Dyer, Flavin, and Turner who I expect to be finalists and don't overlook Cosper or Duncan. Halls is a great dual team, but they might only have one finalist with Hunley.

After watching the single A duals this past weekend, I will say that the Hunley from Halls, Davis from Signal, and O'Connell from Page are three guys that really impressed me that I don't normally hear a lot about. 

AA - Cleveland...expect Bradley to keep it closer than most think. They beat Cleveland by 10 points in the Father Ryan tournament earlier this year, but Ellison was out. They would need some help with some upsets, but they likely have a 2/10 chance to win it. 

DII - Father Ryan... Baylor will be right there if Tisdale is back and healthy enough to make it to the finals. 

27 minutes ago, cowcatcher said:

A - Greeneville...I know they didn't make the duals but with Carson, Colin, Hunter, Chrisman, and Lowery, they will have 5 champions. I expect Pigeon Forge, Signal, and Soddy to be their biggest challengers. They are the only ones that will have the firepower to match that. Pigeon Forge will have Cable, Wyatt Howard, and Wolfe in the finals with Aiden Howard and Little right there too. Signal probably has 4 finalists with the three brother and Davis. Soddy has Dyer, Flavin, and Turner who I expect to be finalists and don't overlook Cosper or Duncan. Halls is a great dual team, but they might only have one finalist with Hunley.

After watching the single A duals this past weekend, I will say that the Hunley from Halls, Davis from Signal, and O'Connell from Page are three guys that really impressed me that I don't normally hear a lot about. 

AA - Cleveland...expect Bradley to keep it closer than most think. They beat Cleveland by 10 points in the Father Ryan tournament earlier this year, but Ellison was out. They would need some help with some upsets, but they likely have a 2/10 chance to win it. 

DII - Father Ryan... Baylor will be right there if Tisdale is back and healthy enough to make it to the finals. 

I like Lowery, I've said as much early in the season but he ain't getting by Logan Heckert.  He might get to the finals,  but Heckert has 182 locked down.  

22 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I like Lowery, I've said as much early in the season but he ain't getting by Logan Heckert.  He might get to the finals,  but Heckert has 182 locked down.  

Agreed on Heckert.  And at 195 there is Atwood.  At 220 there is Curtis but not sure if Curtis just went there for duals.  Curtis has lost to Atwood a few times over the last year so that would make sense.   Curtis, if at 220, will give Chrisman serious trouble as well.

Edited by oceansize42

Maryville may turn some heads and end up in the top 5 of the traditional tournament.  

They could potentially have 3 champions with in 95 220 and heavy, and I would expect their 170 to end up on the podium as well.  

Their lighter weights are scrappy, and could get a couple of wins each to help bring in even more points. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Agreed on Heckert.  And at 195 there is Atwood.  At 220 there is Curtis but not sure if Curtis just went there for duals.  Curtis has lost to Atwood a few times over the last year so that would make sense.   Curtis, if at 220, will give Chrisman serious trouble as well.

Curtis is probably there just for duals. I really doubt he'd go 220. I'd bet a paycheck he's at 195. I do like Lowery too get top 3 on the podium though.  

2 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

Cleveland has 6 potential finalists (4/5 likely locks).  Another likely placer and 2 other potential placers.  Bradley has 4 potential finalists (3 likely locks).  Another 2 likely placers and 3 other potential places.  So both could have 9 placers absent some unexpected run by someone. Bradley has a very good chance to have 3 champs. Cleveland finalists overall will have tougher matches. Maybe only one clear champ.  Should be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Cleveland has 6 potential finalists (4/5 likely locks).  Another likely placer and 2 other potential placers.  Bradley has 4 potential finalists (3 likely locks).  Another 2 likely placers and 3 other potential places.  So both could have 9 placers absent some unexpected run by someone. Bradley has a very good chance to have 3 champs. Cleveland finalists overall will have tougher matches. Maybe only one clear champ.  Should be interesting. 

I see Cleveland with a potential of 7 finalist but the only one I have winning would be fowler at 52.

I see bradley with 3 max in the finals but with all 3 I think bradley wins with Terrell at 120, lipsey at 132, and Belcher at 145

Who would be your 4th to make the finals for bradley?