Traditional state champion predictions

Wrestlingfan22

9 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

is anybody going to actually tackle a full prediction or just be cryptic in their answers lol

AA- Cleveland wins, Dobyns overtakes Bradley for 2nd. And the gap between them and Cleveland is smaller than expected. Bradley, Summit, and Wilson in a dog fight for 3rd.  I think someone already said it but Maryville quietly sneaks into the top 5-7

A- Greenville and Signal….then everyone else. Halls proved they’re the best dual team but i don’t think they have the fire power to rack up the points like these 2 do. 

D2- Already made a post earlier but i’ll say it again, Ryan completes the sweep with 12 on the podium and up to 7 champs. 

Girls- Rossview gets a little payback on Cleveland.  Same as D1A, i just think they have a little more fire power for an individual tournament.  

Edited by Bump11

1 hour ago, AllthingsWrestling said:

I see Cleveland with a potential of 7 finalist but the only one I have winning would be fowler at 52.

I see bradley with 3 max in the finals but with all 3 I think bradley wins with Terrell at 120, lipsey at 132, and Belcher at 145

Who would be your 4th to make the finals for bradley?

Ricon could have an outside shot at 106 for Bradley.  He about beat Cordero in dual finals.  I agree the other 3 Bradley kids likely win it.  I also agree that Fowler is probably the only lock for Cleveland but I’d say Cordero, Walker, and Elliston all have good chances.  Bosken and Symborski have tougher roads. I am guessing your 7th potential finalists for Cleveland would be Cy Fowler.

29 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

182 has a shot if he is opposite Brenot 

Maybe but I was thinking Ricon though he would have to get through Cordero or Colson - which either would be a decent upset.  He did almost beat Cordero this past weekend.  In fact, almost pinned him. Cordero is a much better technical wrestler but as a light and young freshman has some trouble with strength.

44 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Maybe but I was thinking Ricon though he would have to get through Cordero or Colson - which either would be a decent upset.  He did almost beat Cordero this past weekend.  In fact, almost pinned him. Cordero is a much better technical wrestler but as a light and young freshman has some trouble with strength.

He also barely got beat by Cordero at the region duals and maybe even the time before that. He’s closed the gap on Cordero unless Cordero decides to just take him down and let him go, at that point I think he beats him pretty soundly. 

10 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

He also barely got beat by Cordero at the region duals and maybe even the time before that. He’s closed the gap on Cordero unless Cordero decides to just take him down and let him go, at that point I think he beats him pretty soundly. 

I agree.  If Cordero doesn’t get caught or try something risky, then he should beat Ricon because as you said he is way better on his feet. If I was wrestling Cordero I’d take my chances locking up and trying throws.  Go Bryce Andonian and just get funky and hope you catch him.  If I am Cordero I am cautious and just win to advance because he doesn’t need bonus points in a tournament setting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AllthingsWrestling said:

I see Cleveland with a potential of 7 finalist but the only one I have winning would be fowler at 52.

I see bradley with 3 max in the finals but with all 3 I think bradley wins with Terrell at 120, lipsey at 132, and Belcher at 145

I see 3 Champs for Cleveland, 106,152, and 170 with Szymborski dropping down from 182.

it kind of sucks that the finals are at 2 on the 25th. It should be prime time, same with the semis, honestly think they should be later and showcased better. I’m also just butthurt that with the Nashville SC season opener at 330 on the 25th, i won’t be able to be at the finals lol  

Edited by Bump11

19 hours ago, AllthingsWrestling said:

with 7 finalist the team score will be wrapped up. everyone knows the big points come in semi. 

I think these guys are locks to win

106- Cordero (Cleveland)

113- Mason Jakob (Dobyns Bennit)

120- Bryson Terrell (Bradley)

126- Jarvis Little (Summit)

132- Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

138- Landon Desselle (Summit)

145- Luke Beltcher (Bradley)

152- Fowler (Cleveland)

160- Max Norman (Dobyns Bennit)

170-

182-

195- Devon Medina (Science Hill)

220- Top 3 will be fun to watch play out

285- Hayden McDonald (Maryville)

5 minutes ago, Pride3 said:

I think these guys are locks to win

106- Cordero (Cleveland)

113- Mason Jakob (Dobyns Bennit)

120- Bryson Terrell (Bradley)

126- Jarvis Little (Summit)

132- Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

138- Landon Desselle (Summit)

145- Luke Beltcher (Bradley)

152- Fowler (Cleveland)

160- Max Norman (Dobyns Bennit)

170-

182-

195- Devon Medina (Science Hill)

220- Top 3 will be fun to watch play out

285- Hayden McDonald (Maryville)

Not sure Little is a lock at 126. He’s came on top against Ellison the last few times they have wrestled but they are 1-3 point matches. 

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Not sure Little is a lock at 126. He’s came on top against Ellison the last few times they have wrestled but they are 1-3 point matches. 

After I submitted it I started looking and noticed I didn’t have Ellisons name anywhere. It’ll be a FUN match to watch. Cleveland kids always come out on top at the end. Can’t wait to see how it plays out!