Heritage 2023 Thread

alphaking95

Much tougher schedule this year is one thing that could hurt. I was really surprised with the season they had last year but I couldn't understand the fall off after the Sevier County game. They went down to Lenior City and and looked like a totally different team then layed down to Halls next. Keep in mind Maryville lost ten on defense so I don't see another 45-7 game this coming year. When Maryville put in their JV team the play was pretty even last year and that's who replaces those ten on defense.

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I see 7 winable games. If Maryville don't come up with a qb and having to replace 10 defensive starters from a defense that got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail against Oakland then 8 isn't an impossible.

What's the real problem @ Maryville, are there just not enough horses in the stable?     Over the past 25 years or so Maryville has been able to take average athletes and put together championship teams.   Yes, there have been some D1 athletes over the years but it's not like there are dozens every season.

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What's the real problem @ Maryville, are there just not enough horses in the stable?     Over the past 25 years or so Maryville has been able to take average athletes and put together championship teams.   Yes, there have been some D1 athletes over the years but it's not like there are dozens every season.

Nothing coaching wise but we have had a major drought in good athletes that we once used to have. Don't know why but hopefully things will correct themselves.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I'll give them this much, their coaching staff is more visable than anyone else in the county. I see something about them every single day somewhere.

The high school coaches have really bought in to incorporating the feeder program with the high school program, too.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I see 7 winable games. If Maryville don't come up with a qb and having to replace 10 defensive starters from a defense that got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail against Oakland then 8 isn't an impossible.

Ridiculous Barney.  QB question mark is irrelevant on the season.  Last year they took a transfer and tired to fit him into the offense ( which is always a mobile QB, and no offense but he was not) and they made it to THE 6A SEMIS!

No doubt alot to fill on defense but the system will prevail, JV kids on Def will step up and be good.  Only, repeat only question mark is the D-line.  Offense will be better in '23 than last year.  Alot more Juniors that will contribute than anyone has ever heard of.  Senior class is not strong but Junior class has alot of talented kids.  Very few sophmores will be called on- only 1 O-line and maybe 1 d-line, no skill players in Soph class will contribute.  And no Freshman qb's