Heritage 2023 Thread

alphaking95

Willy B coach had a camera filming the Heritage scrimmage, saw it with my own eyes. If they let RR be boss man over there too much longer they won’t be able to recover. But he is a people person, he has them drinking the kool aid just like last season. Can’t wait to see the unstoppable force verse the immovable object when they play Union Co. LOL

19 hours ago, IncognitoCamper said:

I think the mountaineers will win 4 games again this year

I think they hit this in the first 5 weeks.. time will tell! Lot of good things coming out of the locker room. Makes me proud as an alum. Been a long time coming, kids deserve a good season. 

They will beat Karns, William Blount, and Lenoir City.  Central, SD, Halls are all toss ups.  They would be lucky to win any of the others left I think .

Clinton will be loaded with talent this year. Not beating Maryville.  Don’t think Powell would lose that game. And definitely not West.

So 6-4 best case in my opinion

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IncognitoCamper said:

They will beat Karns, William Blount, and Lenoir City.  Central, SD, Halls are all toss ups.  They would be lucky to win any of the others left I think .

Clinton will be loaded with talent this year. Not beating Maryville.  Don’t think Powell would lose that game. And definitely not West.

So 6-4 best case in my opinion

I think Powell is a winnable game. They lost a lot, but with that being said the new Powell may still be good. Just no one knows yet. I think 6-4 floor for the Neers. Which feels good to say haha. Been around here a long time and never really had expectations like these

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:04 AM, alphaking95 said:

I think Powell is a winnable game. They lost a lot, but with that being said the new Powell may still be good. Just no one knows yet. I think 6-4 floor for the Neers. Which feels good to say haha. Been around here a long time and never really had expectations like these

You may want to look at the highlights between Powell and Alcoa. Number 13 for Powell will be a headache for a lot of schools they play. The QB also has matured a lot during off season. BC posted them on the Alcoa thread.

On 2/9/2023 at 5:02 PM, alphaking95 said:

Heritage coming off 4-6 season, thoughts about next year? 

I think they will have a better season, especially with their defense. They have two of the most talented defensive backs to ever come out of that school on their roster currently (Thompson Bowers and Reece Dickey). Jack Dawson's heritage defense coordinator is a very young and talented coach. I mean, he’s a full-time student along with being a defensive coordinator at a high school and in 5A, and he’s only 22 other than having extremely high blood pressure. He's doing one heck of a job. When he graduates in December from UT, the sky is the limit for him if they can keep him for maybe four years and then make him a head coach. Heritage should have no problem getting back on the map. I guess, being on the map, they really never have been on the map.

3 hours ago, Elias287 said:

I think they will have a better season, especially with their defense. They have two of the most talented defensive backs to ever come out of that school on their roster currently (Thompson Bowers and Reece Dickey). Jack Dawson's heritage defense coordinator is a very young and talented coach. I mean, he’s a full-time student along with being a defensive coordinator at a high school and in 5A, and he’s only 22 other than having extremely high blood pressure. He's doing one heck of a job. When he graduates in December from UT, the sky is the limit for him if they can keep him for maybe four years and then make him a head coach. Heritage should have no problem getting back on the map. I guess, being on the map, they really never have been on the map.

I don’t remember hearing about those guys last year , did they play?

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You may want to look at the highlights between Powell and Alcoa. Number 13 for Powell will be a headache for a lot of schools they play. The QB also has matured a lot during off season. BC posted them on the Alcoa thread.

Yep Barney really don’t see Powell taking a step back. Especially not to losing to Heritage this year level.

28 minutes ago, IncognitoCamper said:

I don’t remember hearing about those guys last year , did they play?

Yuh, Thomas Bowers is a rising sophomore, and he was easily one of the best players on the Heritage defense this past season. He played linebacker, safety, and WR on offense; he had 11 receptions for 76 yards and also did some kick returning; but on defense, he had seven solo tackles, 12 assists, and 19 total tackles, which is pretty good for a freshman. And for Reece Dickey, you should know his name easily. He is the best player on defense. 13 solo tackles, 31 total tackles, three interceptions—he’s an absolute beast and very loyal to not leave it for Maryville.