Heritage 2023 Thread

alphaking95

34 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Yuh, Thomas Bowers is a rising sophomore, and he was easily one of the best players on the Heritage defense this past season. He played linebacker, safety, and WR on offense; he had 11 receptions for 76 yards and also did some kick returning; but on defense, he had seven solo tackles, 12 assists, and 19 total tackles, which is pretty good for a freshman. And for Reece Dickey, you should know his name easily. He is the best player on defense. 13 solo tackles, 31 total tackles, three interceptions—he’s an absolute beast and very loyal to not leave it for Maryville.

35 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Yuh, Thomas Bowers is a rising sophomore, and he was easily one of the best players on the Heritage defense this past season. He played linebacker, safety, and WR on offense; he had 11 receptions for 76 yards and also did some kick returning; but on defense, he had seven solo tackles, 12 assists, and 19 total tackles, which is pretty good for a freshman. And for Reece Dickey, you should know his name easily. He is the best player on defense. 13 solo tackles, 31 total tackles, three interceptions—he’s an absolute beast and very loyal to not leave it for Maryville.

From PrepXtra: Dickey and Bowers are both on the top DB “watch list” for 2023.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/05/22/tennessee-high-school-football-top-knoxville-high-school-defensive-backs-tssaa-2023/70215132007/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, alphaking95 said:

Exciting times out here at the mountains!  My nephew thinks they have a chance to be pretty good, I’m sure lot of people like myself have heard that before though! What is the thoughts about the Neers this year? Wizard of Oz has got em boys excited!

15-0 state champions

They had a scrimage this spring and someone from the other team they played said Heritage took a beat down . The other team is in a total rebuilding mode. Who knows, so many kids play two or three different sports and some may have been missing at the time or at least I hope so. Should win against South-Doyle, WB and Karns. Could win Knox Central, Halls and Lenior City. Won't win against Maryville, Powell, West and Clinton. 4-6 or 5-5

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They had a scrimage this spring and someone from the other team they played said Heritage took a beat down . The other team is in a total rebuilding mode. Who knows, so many kids play two or three different sports and some may have been missing at the time or at least I hope so. Should win against South-Doyle, WB and Karns. Could win Knox Central, Halls and Lenior City. Won't win against Maryville, Powell, West and Clinton. 4-6 or 5-5

Not exactly, sir. Had family members there. Didn’t keep scoreboard, but acc to them (if I remember correctly- it’s been a hot minute), I believe Carter offense scored 4x. Heritage offense scored 2x. HHS defense had 1 if not 2 pick 6’s and a safety. Overall, was pretty evenly matched. Far from a beat down. HHS red & white scrimmage coming up on Sat 7/15 & another scrimmage  @Lakeway on Aug 4. They’ll be interesting to watch this yr. 

5 hours ago, FarmTeam said:

Not exactly, sir. Had family members there. Didn’t keep scoreboard, but acc to them (if I remember correctly- it’s been a hot minute), I believe Carter offense scored 4x. Heritage offense scored 2x. HHS defense had 1 if not 2 pick 6’s and a safety. Overall, was pretty evenly matched. Far from a beat down. HHS red & white scrimmage coming up on Sat 7/15 & another scrimmage  @Lakeway on Aug 4. They’ll be interesting to watch this yr. 

The reason I didn't want to go in to deep was that I heard it from somebody that is a big Carter fan and alumni. Would loved to heard from a Heritage fan as well but didn't know anyone from that side who went but that does sound much better. The Carter fan was a former player from the 2002 time frame that has kids now there in school and he has told me they were in a rebuilding mode this year. He is always asking me who in Blount County is paving the path for all of their best players with families that have had generations way back going to Carter then aruptly leaving for Alcoa 35 miles away. 

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There was no official score, but what I’ve heard is that at least Carter scored over 35+ on them, which I have no official source for, but it sounds about right, and like you said, there could’ve been injuries for Heritage and all the players didn’t play to the fullest. That’s why it was a scrimmage, and it really doesn’t matter that much just for coaches needs to fill the holes going into summer.

9 hours ago, FarmTeam said:

Was Heritage missing anybody?