Blake Butler resigns at TCA, will take ECS job

ReitzFan

12 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

There's no way to get any more reasonable than:  What was he won/loss record, including the score totals for each game. 

If you didn't intend to throw shade, you wouldn't have anticipated anyone reacting with "hate". Butler frequently had less than 25 kids and often beat very good teams with 50-60 players. I wasn't trying to initiate an argument, just pointing out the obvious.

19 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If you didn't intend to throw shade, you wouldn't have anticipated anyone reacting with "hate". Butler frequently had less than 25 kids and often beat very good teams with 50-60 players. I wasn't trying to initiate an argument, just pointing out the obvious.

You are lying.  Look, I never met the guy.  I'm a numbers guy myself.  When I look over the schedules since 2011 I do not see the validity of your statement at all.   "frequently had less than 25 kids".  False.  Might have been a year or two of that is all out of 12 years.  "Frequently" makes your statement a lie.  "often beat very good teams with 50-60 players,"

I do not see that in looking over the 12 years of schedules either.  Tradertwo, for some reason you are lying.  Anyone can stay on this website, go to the schedules section, and see that for themselves.  Maybe you are the guys daddy, or brother, or whatever.  I do not know the motive.  But, I am pointing you out as a liar.

4 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

You are lying.  Look, I never met the guy.  I'm a numbers guy myself.  When I look over the schedules since 2011 I do not see the validity of your statement at all.   "frequently had less than 25 kids".  False.  Might have been a year or two of that is all out of 12 years.  "Frequently" makes your statement a lie.  "often beat very good teams with 50-60 players,"

I do not see that in looking over the 12 years of schedules either.  Tradertwo, for some reason you are lying.  Anyone can stay on this website, go to the schedules section, and see that for themselves.  Maybe you are the guys daddy, or brother, or whatever.  I do not know the motive.  But, I am pointing you out as a liar.

LOL...calm down dude, I'm not the press secretary for TCA and not interested in fact checking myself for accuracy for your benefit. My knowledge of Butler at TCA is firsthand, as we were in the old 15A district with them but I've never spoken directly to him other than the obligatory "good game coach". "Frequently" was not intended to denote more than 50% of the time, but I can recall multiple games won by them with a depleted roster over some very good teams with large rosters. I'm going to go out of character for me here too... find me and use that word three times to my face. Been here a long time, and I regard myself as troll (and idiot) proof pretty much, but I guess everyone has their limit on a particular day.

good day to you, UAintthatstupid.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:56 PM, tradertwo said:

LOL...calm down dude, I'm not the press secretary for TCA and not interested in fact checking myself for accuracy for your benefit. My knowledge of Butler at TCA is firsthand, as we were in the old 15A district with them but I've never spoken directly to him other than the obligatory "good game coach". "Frequently" was not intended to denote more than 50% of the time, but I can recall multiple games won by them with a depleted roster over some very good teams with large rosters. I'm going to go out of character for me here too... find me and use that word three times to my face. Been here a long time, and I regard myself as troll (and idiot) proof pretty much, but I guess everyone has their limit on a particular day.

good day to you, UAintthatstupid.

..thinkin that public showin aint gonna be hapnin

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Butler did a good job at TCA. While they are a private school they don't have the resources even like a school down the road. Butler got about everything you can outta the kids he coached. What more can you ask for? That being said without looking at the past schedules, most of his TCA success came in D-1. I'll be rooting for him at ECS. I'm still truly fascinated as to whether Thompkins stays at TCA or leaves. The kid's just special 

5 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Butler did a good job at TCA. While they are a private school they don't have the resources even like a school down the road. Butler got about everything you can outta the kids he coached. What more can you ask for? That being said without looking at the past schedules, most of his TCA success came in D-1. I'll be rooting for him at ECS. I'm still truly fascinated as to whether Thompkins stays at TCA or leaves. The kid's just special 

They struggled the past two years, and they'll likely struggle again this upcoming season.  Thompkins is a good player, but all teams are going to have to do is load the box and make TCA throw the ball downfield effectively. Can they do that with a new QB? Who knows. 

I watched TCA's film in one of their games last year, and they made an obvious adjustment between first and second quarters, which I liked. The offensive line is something they need to work on. They couldn't run the ball between the tackles and then they used a lot of stretch/outside runs in the second quarter of that game. I would like for them to get into more 21 personnel and not 11 personnel, and get more pro stylish. They used an H back to help block, but they could very well used a two running backs and go counter off the edge, and used the TE/RB as a lead blocker(s). When you see TCA's offense, you're looking at a team that appears to be throwing the ball 30 times a game, and not run the ball 30 times. However, the offensive line is something they need to address. I do think Butler was a good coach for them and did get a lot out of what he had.

the scenario cant be dipped into nuff chocolate and funnel cake batter......then fact that gig wasnt entertained from within is a mind wobbler.....if that so be the case.....and Booger nose stuff....thats if the the inside wanted it...

...bein said Booger ant huntin a dog at ECS....but west region needs competition for the brow beater on that side that benefits from the city sports exchange program

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: