TSSAA Individual State Discussion

WrestlingGod

11 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

The way its heading we're going to be lucky if they don't add another division AND another tournament between sectionals and state. 

Just like education the adults in charge continue to water down the competition.  This is the reason so many young people have a difficult time when they have to compete for jobs with the rest of the world.

What happened at 160 with Fowler and McTorry?

2022 medalist Cy Fowler fought back from a loss in the semifinals and will go for a third-place medal against Clarkville's Jack Stein.

“He (Fowler) lost in the semifinals, to an official,” said Knox.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2023/2/24/464715/Cleveland-Leading-Class-AA-State.aspx

8 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

2022 medalist Cy Fowler fought back from a loss in the semifinals and will go for a third-place medal against Clarkville's Jack Stein.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2023/2/24/464715/Cleveland-Leading-Class-AA-State.aspx

Idk, it looked like the right takedown call to me. 

12 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

If Coach Knox was actually quoted saying that one of his wrestlers lost due to an official, will he be fined?  I know that in college you get fined for complaining publicly about an official. 

9 hours ago, cbg said:

If Coach Knox was actually quoted saying that one of his wrestlers lost due to an official, will he be fined?  I know that in college you get fined for complaining publicly about an official. 

I do not know the answer, but it looks like he was taking up for one of his wrestlers, so I was curious about the call.

Allan Jones would happily write the check for that fine as they will add to the state championship trophy case again this year. 

3 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

I do not know the answer, but it looks like he was taking up for one of his wrestlers, so I was curious about the call.

Allan Jones would happily write the check for that fine as they will add to the state championship trophy case again this year. 

That doesn’t sound like taking up for his wrestler. It sounds like crying at a call he didn’t like.

I watched it. It was absolutely the correct call. 

38 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

Thanks for the response. 

I respect your opinion, and did not see the call in question and was appreciative of feedback. 

I’m sure he didn’t get worked up like that when they didn’t give Justice the takedown (that was a closer call imo) in the 195 semi. 

On 2/20/2023 at 8:25 PM, Bump11 said:

i know. that’s irrelevant to the question i was answering though. the question was, “when was the last time someone other than cleveland or bradley won?” 

2012 is the last time someone other than cleveland or bradley won. 

You also said you needed to go back to 2000 to Clarksville winning. I was just pointing that you only needed to go back to 2007.