TSSAA Individual State Discussion

WrestlingGod

3 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Probably again showing too much bias here....but Landon went through this whole season on that injury. Citing it as a reason why he doesn't bonus is crazy. He aa'd in Beast of the East, Knockout Classic, Won the Drennen, and pinned in the state finlals with said injury. To think he doesn't pin here is insane. 

I'd be my next paycheck that Landon Desselle Pins Harlen Hunley. 

All assumptions, but I did not go minor because of the injury. I went minor for a healthy Desselle, I think the kids a stud and I have no idea when the injury took place. I got to watch him wrestle a lot this year and he's impressive. I think Hunley is better than people give him credit for and he could make things interesting he just could not win, I almost went major Desselle and I probably should have as it could have tied my Dual score up!

2 minutes ago, OleSweatpants said:

All assumptions, but I did not go minor because of the injury. I went minor for a healthy Desselle, I think the kids a stud and I have no idea when the injury took place. I got to watch him wrestle a lot this year and he's impressive. I think Hunley is better than people give him credit for and he could make things interesting he just could not win, I almost went major Desselle and I probably should have as it could have tied my Dual score up!

Landon Desselle on one leg wins AA 132, 138, or 145. 

To think he doesn't pin the 138 in A is absolutely insane. Come on now, lets be real....

4 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

To think he doesn't pin the 138 in A is absolutely insane. Come on now, lets be real....

I am glad I reread your first line and caught AA because I was willing to call you crazy about 145! I do not know if he beats Belcher on one leg if we are being real though. 

Honestly I figured 106 would get more push back than 138.

8 minutes ago, OleSweatpants said:

I am glad I reread your first line and caught AA because I was willing to call you crazy about 145! I do not know if he beats Belcher on one leg if we are being real though. 

Honestly I figured 106 would get more push back than 138.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/7996019-140-lbs-cons-round-7-landon-desselle-spartan-wrestling-club-vs-luke-belcher-unaffiliated

44 minutes ago, OleSweatpants said:

OHHH yes, totally bias opinion coming at you! So be prepared, but I am 100% willing to debate most of these.

106- AA: at least a major decision. I believe the Soddy kid would have won A and Cordero majors him.

113- AA: Minor decision. I like Mason ALOT, but Jojo is tricky and I think he keeps it close, Mason scores a turn on top to win it late.

120- A: Minor decision. We saw it happen earlier in the year, and this was the result. Terrell could flip it but he's gonna have to be able to score somewhere other than bottom and we did not see that before.

126- AA: Minor Decision. Big Caleb fan but I have seen Jarvis just get better and better in the scrambles if Ethan can not score on his feet Jarvis squeaks one out.

132- AA: Minor decision. Lipsey gets it done, but its a barn burner late in my opinion. without the Uhorchucks flipping one of the this dual gets risky!

138- AA: Minor decision. Hunley has better hips than most give him credit for, and he can score points. I am playing the imaginary everyone is healthy game here because a super banged up Desselle could be in trouble with this one.

145- A: Tech. I told you it could get biased quick so do not slaughter me here. I think Belcher is good enough to keep this close, but the wrong ref may stall him out of this match. Belcher opens up to try and win the match not caring about team scores and gives up too many turns.

152- A: Major. I get it at this point I am just a super homer. I think Colin Dupill is better on his feet than anyone in the state and better than 90% of all 152 in the country. And he's really really good at escaping on bottom. Fowler could keep this closer but I would go 18-9 Dupill.

160- AA Minor decision. Norman is good but he has flaws in his game at times. I do not think Norman pushes the pace enough and Magness can escape 11-5 for only a minor. Norman has the potential to pin here though.

170- A Minor decision. I will go Stacy here. He has better wins and looked like he was on a heater at State going major in the Finals. He also has multiple wins over the guy Syzmborski beat in his own bracket. 

182- AA Major. Who does not love Brenot? He is an animal, and he may go tech here, but if I am not giving Dupill at 152 a tech then I won't give Brenot one. I think he scores a lot but falls just shy of the tech.

195- A Minor. Lowery should have been a 3 timer, I truly believe that. He struggled a lot with injury but this year the pace and skill are to much Medina. I believe Medina keeps this a minor on strength alone but he gets gassed and barely holds off the Major in the 3rd.

220- A: Minor. This is the hardest match to call in my opinion. Atwood has all the Firepower, but Todd wins a lot. The weight may swing this in Todd's favor but I think Atwood just has to much for him here.

285- A: Minor. Wolfe is undersized here but he is significantly a better wrestler. I would like to say HWT has to end in a pin but I think Wolfe goes the distance with better cardio to win it.

Final- AA 23: A 24 

Fun to see!! Lots of these could flip or go for bigger points.

Wolfe ain't pinning McDonald and is definitely NOT significantly better. It was a 3-2 match when they faced off and would be a 50/50 split out of 10 match ups.

8 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Wolfe ain't pinning McDonald and is definitely NOT significantly better. It was a 3-2 match when they faced off and would be a 50/50 split out of 10 match ups.

No argument here! I just meant that HWT ends in pins so often that it felt almost wrong putting decision in this spot. Not in a disrespect to either wrestlers ability. I think Wolfe as a very technically skilled heavy weight. I had not seen McDonald prior to his state tournament. If you say 50/50 then I am comfortable in my choice of a minor decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

Until Hunter Mason shows up at 138 (He wrestles there nationally) or 145 from Single A and wipes the floor with everybody in the entire state from D2 in AA.  Fortunately for everyone Hunter moves on to VT.

Edited by oceansize42

2 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Until Hunter Mason shows up at 138 (He wrestles there nationally) or 145 from Single A and wipes the floor with everybody in the entire state from D2 in AA.  Fortunately for everyone Hunter moves on to VT.

Honestly, I think Hunter Mason vs Landon Desselle at 138 is a very close decision that comes down to the last 30 seconds. 

1 minute ago, WrestlingGod said:

Honestly, I think Hunter Mason vs Landon Desselle at 138 is a very close decision that comes down to the last 30 seconds. 

Absolutely not. Let's not forget Hunter spent a season recovering from a major injury.  A 100% healthy Hunter eats 100% healthy Desselle's breakfast every day.

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

I think Small school only wins 120, 145, 152, and heavyweight. 

Big school picks up bonus points at 106,113,138,160,182 and possibly 195 as well. 

Mason would def not major JoJo!!! I’ve watched them train together recently and Joe actually scored more on scrambles. Very close match. Mason is my kid so takes a lot for me not to get on here and say my kid would win without a doubt. Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the country. On the flip side I saw cowcatcher post that mason was nowhere near the same level as Joe, which is also not intelligent.