State Upsets

GoTNwrestling

5 minutes ago, Hamblin1 said:

Like paint drying?

Did I specifically say that one was like paint drying? I said I do not understand 1–0 scores, and that’s because it’s usually wrestlers being not aggressive as they usually are because they feel the stress of being in a finals match. You do not have to agree, heck you coach him if I’m not mistaken and maybe I am, but he just didn’t look the same as he did versus Johnson or Parcel. I just have an opinion and maybe it’s wrong, but I also had an opinion on an unusual number of forfeits this year, especially after some upsets took place. 

24 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Did I specifically say that one was like paint drying? I said I do not understand 1–0 scores, and that’s because it’s usually wrestlers being not aggressive as they usually are because they feel the stress of being in a finals match. You do not have to agree, heck you coach him if I’m not mistaken and maybe I am, but he just didn’t look the same as he did versus Johnson or Parcel. I just have an opinion and maybe it’s wrong, but I also had an opinion on an unusual number of forfeits this year, especially after some upsets took place. 

So do you accept the challenge?  You and Heckert at the Independence tournament on the football field?!!!

What weight are we doing this at?  I’m almost 50 and you got me wanting some more of this action!  I will say there was a drastic difference in the 160 and 182lb matches and I know three of the four kids relatively well. The 160 match wasn’t a surprise, that’s how both turner and Magness wrestle. No real offense, but that’s their style and it go them to the finals and Tell earned a state championship. When you put those two matches side by side,  there’s no comparison. Kobe and Logan was non stop action. This guy beat that guy so that guy can beat this guy isn’t a thing in wrestling. Styles and body types are different, pressure and expectations are different, preparation for one guy vs preparation for the field is different. I agree with Mitch24, this is one of those if you can’t (or won’t) do it yourself, keep your mouth shut. Stop reliving your mediocre high school wrestling experience and somehow trying to put yourself in the reality of these high achieving athletes. If you haven’t done it, then not only can you not do it, you can’t even comprehend it and therefore aren’t entitled to have a comment. 

1 minute ago, Biffmar4 said:

What weight are we doing this at?  I’m almost 50 and you got me wanting some more of this action!  I will say there was a drastic difference in the 160 and 182lb matches and I know three of the four kids relatively well. The 160 match wasn’t a surprise, that’s how both turner and Magness wrestle. No real offense, but that’s their style and it go them to the finals and Tell earned a state championship. When you put those two matches side by side,  there’s no comparison. Kobe and Logan was non stop action. This guy beat that guy so that guy can beat this guy isn’t a thing in wrestling. Styles and body types are different, pressure and expectations are different, preparation for one guy vs preparation for the field is different. I agree with Mitch24, this is one of those if you can’t (or won’t) do it yourself, keep your mouth shut. Stop reliving your mediocre high school wrestling experience and somehow trying to put yourself in the reality of these high achieving athletes. If you haven’t done it, then not only can you not do it, you can’t even comprehend it and therefore aren’t entitled to have a comment. 

Bravo!

11 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

Lol, I think both you and Mitch need bigger helmets, doesn’t seem the ones you are wearing now are big enough

Edited by cobrakid8

7 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Well, first if you don’t like the opinion of someone who has done this before I would suggest to F off! I would say the same to Mitch, except the fact I don’t wrestle guys who have to wear a helmet and by looking at his posts I’m pretty sure he has to wear a helmet 24/7, I would say prob the same for you! Yes with the style for Magness and Turner it’s boring and way to conservative, I would be more than happy to say that to Shane myself he knows exactly who I am, even with my mediocre career I would have most likely gotten points back in the day on all of them, I might not have been able to get the job done but at the same time I wouldn’t have been afraid to also take chances, I have a lot of regrets in my wrestling career, but not going out there trying to get points was not one of them and the only time I wrestled conservative was when I knew I needed to shave points in dual matches like in state duals and the other wrestler was much better than I was. These matches shouldn’t be like that at all, they were very much equal.  As far as Logan and Kobe, I keep hearing excuses on why Logan didn’t score, Kobe weighs to much, he’s too long, that’s where the game plan has to be made and hopefully executed, there are ways to wrestle long and strong kids. Maybe Logan didn’t wrestle the game plan or maybe the game plan wasn’t good enough. But at the end of the day it’s over now and no amount of talking about it will change that. In the end Elijah and Kobe both have chances to do even more while Logan and Magness move on to bigger and better things! Good luck to them all! 

Great now give it a rest soccer mom!!

1 minute ago, Hamblin1 said:

Great now give it a rest soccer mom!!

Hey, you came on not liking my opinion and making excuses. You are a good coach, maybe next time have a better game plan for your wrestler instead of making excuses on why he lost. Do I agree maybe Kobe should have been hit with another stalling call, yeah I do, but I’ve always been told, make it where the officials aren’t needed and make it where they can’t effect the outcome. If you don’t like that or biff or Mitch or the like, next time just get the job done and there won’t be someone there to complain! Again I think Logan is the better wrestler, but he got beat by a better game plan but I don’t think by a better wrestler. Maybe that’s why you are butthurt by what I originally said, but I know one person right after I said it agreed with my premise of these guys have got to quit wrestling conservative in their finals matches. It happens every year and they get away from what got them there in the first place!