PeabodyPride

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 2/25/2023 at 8:50 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Shane Malone (aka PeabodyPride). Went to Heaven last night. I was blessed to call him my friend. He loved all things Golden Tide related. I am just at a loss for words right now. Remember his wife and family in your prayers in the coming days. As well as the entire Peabody community. Fly high brother… Love ya man. 

Hate to hear this BPM. He was well respected.

• Thanks 1

I was over in Trenton this past Saturday.  My youngest daughter was in a pagent at the high school.  As I entered the building, I saw the gold balls displayed, and immediately thought about Pride.  I had on a McKenzie hoodie and I was talking to another McKenzie Dad about our girls winning back to back gold balls.  A gentleman came up, who was taking photos of the girls, and we started to discuss Peabody football/McKenzie football.  The more and more he talked, I could tell he was very knowledgeble about the Peabody program.  He mentioned he lost one of his good friends not long who also loved Peabody football.  I asked him if he was on Coach T.  He said, "Yes, I am."  I asked who are you?  He said, before I tell you, "who are you?".  I told him and he said, "Okay, you make good post."  I laughed, and said, "Yeah, I don't act like a jackwagon on there."  Anyway, it turned out it was @Golddoctor.  We had really great conversation, and he told me so much about Pride.  I told him that I met him the last time we played Peabody at our field in the playoffs. Well, that was a whole conversation in itself.  But I could tell he cared deeply for Shane, and missed him. 

So, Golddoctor, glad our paths crossed.  Even if it was at a beauty pagent. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:04 AM, VOLnWTN said:

I was over in Trenton this past Saturday.  My youngest daughter was in a pagent at the high school.  As I entered the building, I saw the gold balls displayed, and immediately thought about Pride.  I had on a McKenzie hoodie and I was talking to another McKenzie Dad about our girls winning back to back gold balls.  A gentleman came up, who was taking photos of the girls, and we started to discuss Peabody football/McKenzie football.  The more and more he talked, I could tell he was very knowledgeble about the Peabody program.  He mentioned he lost one of his good friends not long who also loved Peabody football.  I asked him if he was on Coach T.  He said, "Yes, I am."  I asked who are you?  He said, before I tell you, "who are you?".  I told him and he said, "Okay, you make good post."  I laughed, and said, "Yeah, I don't act like a jackwagon on there."  Anyway, it turned out it was @Golddoctor.  We had really great conversation, and he told me so much about Pride.  I told him that I met him the last time we played Peabody at our field in the playoffs. Well, that was a whole conversation in itself.  But I could tell he cared deeply for Shane, and missed him. 

Golddoctor is a great guy. Glad you got to meet him. 

• 1 month later...

Shane Malone (aka PeabodyPride). Went to Heaven last night. I was blessed to call him my friend. He loved all things Golden Tide related. I am just at a loss for words right now. Remember his wife and family in your prayers in the coming days. As well as the entire Peabody community. Fly high brother… Love ya man. 

Man I really hate reading this today. Sorry, I kind of disappear from the boards after football season is over, so I've been out of the loop. I knew he had been missing from here since the middle of last season and had heard he had some health issues, but this is tough.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pride 2 years ago at a CoachT meetup before a game. He was a super nice guy and knew so much about a lot of the posters on here. He had some very nice things to say about you as well, @BIGPURPLEMACHINE. He had lots of friends on these boards, and will most definitely be missed.

5 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Man I really hate reading this today. Sorry, I kind of disappear from the boards after football season is over, so I've been out of the loop. I knew he had been missing from here since the middle of last season and had heard he had some health issues, but this is tough.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pride 2 years ago at a CoachT meetup before a game. He was a super nice guy and knew so much about a lot of the posters on here. He had some very nice things to say about you as well, @BIGPURPLEMACHINE. He had lots of friends on these boards, and will most definitely be missed.

Thank you man. Means a lot. I know I give Mustang fans a hard time a lot but your all class. Thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 4:19 PM, Intense said:

Hey Doc, you and I know each other.  So sorry to hear about Pride.  He stopped and ate wings with me and BigEdmo one night and he talked and talked about Peabody.  We occasionally got a word in about TCA! Ha. He, BigEdmo and I had some good debates on the T.  I’m sure BigEdmo welcomed him home with a Big bear hug and Go Lions grin!  So sorry to hear this!  Going to miss him on the T!

Thanks Intense

On 3/22/2023 at 8:04 AM, VOLnWTN said:

Thanks Vol

Omg! No!!!  I did not see this on Facebook and was wondering why I haven’t heard from him. So shocked. Message me BPM.