2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I remember that, but TSSAA still has them as the 1st team in 2A. 

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2022-23/2023classification.html#di-football

Yeah, maybe that list is just showing where they should be by enrollment numbers? I’m not sure. I was just going by the region alignments. They’re in Region 8 of Class 1A

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

The sad thing about Kumaro Brown is that you put him on McKenzie's team, he'll win the award. If you put him on Moore County or Bruceton, he'll win the award.

Kumaro Brown probably should've won the award last year. 1,000 yards rushing and only 70 carries for MASE in 14 games (I don't know if that 1,000 yards rushing with 70 carries is a regular season stat or not). When Kumaro Brown has the football, he will probably be the best player on the field. And he also an effective two way player.

Kumaro Brown is in a lose/lose situation here. If he can't pad his stats because MASE is up 35-0 in basically every game they had last year (other than McKenzie) so he would ended up being taken out of the game and mercy rule is in effect. He doesn't really need the ball for MASE to be successful as other players are from other schools. But if he does do really well stat wise, then he and MASE would be heavily criticized because they played a fairly light schedule. 

Lausanne, St. George, and Peabody would be 3 of the MASE non-region opponents (see what happens when Coach Miller now has the opportunity to create his own schedule?)

Lausanne had two losses last year to CPA and Bartlett (two teams that played past Thanksgiving), St. George is a D2-AA private school team that will play in a competitive class. Peabody was eliminated by MASE last year in the playoffs. I don't know what the Tide has returning, but I know Jacobs will have them prepared this fall. So Miller has answered the scheduling aspect of things, he did what he can do.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The sad thing about Kumaro Brown is that you put him on McKenzie's team, he'll win the award. If you put him on Moore County or Bruceton, he'll win the award.

Kumaro Brown probably should've won the award last year. 1,000 yards rushing and only 70 carries for MASE in 14 games (I don't know if that 1,000 yards rushing with 70 carries is a regular season stat or not). When Kumaro Brown has the football, he will probably be the best player on the field. And he also an effective two way player.

Kumaro Brown is in a lose/lose situation here. If he can't pad his stats because MASE is up 35-0 in basically every game they had last year (other than McKenzie) so he would ended up being taken out of the game and mercy rule is in effect. He doesn't really need the ball for MASE to be successful as other players are from other schools. But if he does do really well stat wise, then he and MASE would be heavily criticized because they played a fairly light schedule. 

Lausanne, St. George, and Peabody would be 3 of the MASE non-region opponents (see what happens when Coach Miller now has the opportunity to create his own schedule?)

Lausanne had two losses last year to CPA and Bartlett (two teams that played past Thanksgiving), St. George is a D2-AA private school team that will play in a competitive class. Peabody was eliminated by MASE last year in the playoffs. I don't know what the Tide has returning, but I know Jacobs will have them prepared this fall. So Miller has answered the scheduling aspect of things, he did what he can do.

Lol no, Mr Football in 1A went to exactly who deserved it. 

12 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Lol no, Mr Football in 1A went to exactly who deserved it. 

I'm just saying that Brown will get considered for the award, but will likely not win the award because his usage rate may not be there (he won't have many carries is what I'm saying. Not enough carries = not enough yards) and he won't be playing a lot during the second half of some games (but the games against Peabody, St. George, and Lausanne should be his games to persuade the voters he can win the award).

• 2 weeks later...